Can't seem to make my goal

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Protein itself does not equal cholesterol. And not all cholesterol is bad. But I digress.

If you have a lot of carbs left over, definitely go for the ice cream. It is a great end of day snack.

Yes. Or those dirty, dirty pop tarts :wink:

Oh yes, just wanna spank those naughty poptarts!
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds, almonds, etc are high in calories and can help you meet your goal without the full feeling of veggies. Also, like some mentioned, avocado is also great if you like it, peanut butter is also great. Some squares of dark chocolate are also good for you, a treat, and will give you about 200 calories.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    it puts the butter on it's veggies...

I don't eat butter.

:angry:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    What is your macro breakdown? If you are low on fats, that is an easy way to add in some calorie density.

I'm doing 40/30/30. I try to hit fat and protein, and usually do, and just kinda let carbs end up wherever.

% based macros can be a good start but things like protein and fat are probably better set up based on either BW or LBM.

I kind of did that/kinda fudged it a little. I weigh 150 and I'm unsure of lean body mass, so I played with the slider until it got me to 137, which I figure is a good in between point for 1g/BW and 1g/LBM. The same with fat (.35g/BW) and tweaked til I got to 61g. And then carbs are the rest.
  • jdallas69
    jdallas69 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Keep tryin
  • Achrya
    Options
    Protein itself does not equal cholesterol. And not all cholesterol is bad. But I digress.

If you have a lot of carbs left over, definitely go for the ice cream. It is a great end of day snack.

Ice cream I could see, but pop tarts? That just seems like a bad precedent.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I totally know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think it's good advice, so please just stick with me.

You're talking about 1825 and having problems hitting your cals when you eat vegg. I'm NOT going to advocate that you cut out the vegg because that stuff has all the micronutrients that your body requires to function properly.

But the way MFP is set up is that you're supposed to eat back your exercise calories. You're probably finding problems because you've been doing all this weightlifting and other stuff. If you don't do the exercise MFP won't keep raising your calorie goal. No one ever got fat from eating too little am I right LOL?

So just think about scaling back your exercise, keep eating everything you're currently eating, and then eat a few vegetables. That, plus not exercising, and I think you'll really start seeing results of some kind.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Supplements. They make a pill for everything.

Also this:

1e5d25f4-0dbd-426e-9019-d360b129083f_zps9caf145c.jpg
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options
    Tons of suggestions here, I would add in any of these that sounds best for you. But if you are trying to lose weight, and your body doesn't feel hungry, there is no need to force feed yourself. Others maybe disagree and say you are absolutely required to hit a certain calorie goal, but when I am trying to lose weight I typically listen to my body and if I'm satisfied I let it be. I figure once the weekend rolls around I'll probably make up for it by enjoying myself when I'm going out to eat.

The reason I asked if she was trying to gain weight is because when a lot of body builders and clients focused on gaining weight and gaining muscle, they have to eat more and sometimes even force themselves to eat when they are not hungry.
  • Achrya
    Options

I don't eat butter.

It raises my sodium and when I have too much sodium I don't lose weight for weeks! I don't think you know what you're talking about.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

I don't eat butter.

Have you tried bacon grease?

YUM
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

Ice cream I could see, but pop tarts? That just seems like a bad precedent.

It's kind of just a long running joke around here.
  • CrankMeUp
    Options
    Tons of suggestions here, I would add in any of these that sounds best for you. But if you are trying to lose weight, and your body doesn't feel hungry, there is no need to force feed yourself. Others maybe disagree and say you are absolutely required to hit a certain calorie goal, but when I am trying to lose weight I typically listen to my body and if I'm satisfied I let it be. I figure once the weekend rolls around I'll probably make up for it by enjoying myself when I'm going out to eat.

The reason I asked if she was trying to gain weight is because when a lot of body builders and clients focused on gaining weight and gaining muscle, they have to eat more and sometimes even force themselves to eat when they are not hungry.

1800 calories is hardly force feeding, particularly when lifting! She will still be in a calorie deficit.
  • Achrya
    Options
    I totally know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think it's good advice, so please just stick with me.

You're talking about 1825 and having problems hitting your cals when you eat vegg. I'm NOT going to advocate that you cut out the vegg because that stuff has all the micronutrients that your body requires to function properly.

But the way MFP is set up is that you're supposed to eat back your exercise calories. You're probably finding problems because you've been doing all this weightlifting and other stuff. If you don't do the exercise MFP won't keep raising your calorie goal. No one ever got fat from eating too little am I right LOL?

So just think about scaling back your exercise, keep eating everything you're currently eating, and then eat a few vegetables. That, plus not exercising, and I think you'll really start seeing results of some kind.

Hmm. I guess this kind of makes sense. I workout, it raises the goal. If I don't work out, the goal stays the same.
  • CrankMeUp
    Options

I don't eat butter.

It raises my sodium and when I have too much sodium I don't lose weight for weeks! I don't think you know what you're talking about.

ohrlllllllly?
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

Hmm. I guess this kind of makes sense. I workout, it raises the goal. If I don't work out, the goal stays the same.

No. No. No.

The point of exercise especially weight lifting, contrary to popular MFP belief, is NOT to lose weight or be able to eat more. There are so many health benefits of working out vs. simply just eating less.

This suggestion is just... absurd.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

I would listen to anything and everything your body has to say.
  • CrankMeUp
    Options

I would listen to anything and everything your body has to say.

and what is your body saying?
  • Achrya
    Options

I don't eat butter.

ohrlllllllly?

Yes really. What kind of people say eat more butter?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Try unsalted butter?

I love butter. :love: