What is the one food you can't even touch?

Options

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Pow377 wrote: »
    teanahk wrote: »
    Pringles.

I can generally manage moderation for most other things, but I cannot eat less than half a tube of those darn salty parabolas.

Snap! I will literally eat the whole tin! Glad im not the only one haha

I had this problem too - I could weigh out a portion, but then I'd go back for another one... and end up eating at least half the tube if not more! I banned them from the house, and if my family wanted them they had to keep them hidden and not offer me any.

Recently we discovered that our supermarket is selling boxes of the single-serve 100 calorie packs, so we started buying those. I have to make sure it will fit into my calories but I can have one of those and not go looking for more afterwards, because the package is now empty. It must be a psychological effect, that there's no point looking for more because I 'know' they're all gone. I've tried to eat them slowly, though, and I just can't. The pack doesn't last more than a couple of minutes (if that) and isn't very filling, so some days it's just not worth the calories but sometimes it's just enough to tide me over until supper. :)

I haven't really had big problems with moderating anything else... I think I've finally broken chocolate's hold over me, and I don't usually have an issue with measuring out a serving of something and only eating that. I eat less bread now because the calorie hit isn't generally worth it to me, but I do love bread... there have been times when I've had fresh bread rolls waiting to be divided up for freezing, and the urge to eat one (or two, or half a dozen) has been so overwhelming it was almost painful! I found it hard to believe I was ready to cry just because I couldn't have bread. It was tough, but I did manage to resist!
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Potato chips/Doritos.
    Halloumi cheese. I'm not interested in one grilled cube....I want 7.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    pizza and peanut butter. The pizza itself....I can eat 2 slices and then not eat for the rest of the day lol. But peanut butter. I was going to have some last night. I got out the measuring spoon, then looked at the calories for a tbsp. Almost 200! I could eat half a jar. With all my will, I put the PB and spoon away, and had a piece of cheddar cheese instead.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Last week I was craving chocolate chip cookies...Which makes no sense because I have never even particularly liked them before. So I decided to make some, I love to bake but I had never made chocolate chip ones before. Very VERY bad idea. Never again. I'm still thinking about those damn cookies and they've been gone for days. I had to send the last of them with my husband to take to work because I had absolutely no control.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Cadbury's chocolate. Can eat a whole family size bar and go back for more. Caramel, Fruit and Nut, plain... I have a problem ;)
  • poorlittlefish
    poorlittlefish Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Donuts. God I love donuts.
  • naldinger
    naldinger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im allergic to lentils and chick peas....and i love hummus. Such a bummer
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Potato chips, specifically dill pickle chips (or regular with dill pickle dip). I've completely cut potato chips out of my life because when I get started it's too easy to not stop. I thought burritos might also be on the list, but I've somehow managed to keep myself in check with them.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Whole bags of cookies/candies/chips. I can devour the whole thing in minutes lmao
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    olymp1a wrote: »
    peanut butter cups, I don't even go close to the counter when I'm at the super market!

Same!! They are too good!
  • frawley23
    frawley23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Pork. Sticky BBQ spare ribs, pulled pork, ham, bacon and pork crackle (it has to be fresh and hot) are my weaknesses.
  • queseraseraxo
    queseraseraxo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Another sucker here for poutine! And my beloved American snacks -flamin' hot cheetos!

I am both pissed off and thankful to the universe that Canada does not have them! As it is, I buy a couple bags whenever I'm in buffalo and try to not eat the whole bag in one sitting.....

Life is hard, guys!
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Brownies, cake, pancakes kind of, chocolate dark pieces,
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Butterfingers are my weakness and cinnamon rolls
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Potato chips and/or Doritos - for these I would commit capital crimes.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Krispy Kreme Donuts, fresh off the conveyor belt.... Oh dear sweet baby, hold me back... Seriously, I avoid that place like the plague... I can't eat just one... :neutral: ..... That or a really good yeast roll (Logans, Golden Corral style rolls) ohhhhh myyyy.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    MzHill08 wrote: »
    Krispy Kreme Donuts, fresh off the conveyor belt.... Oh dear sweet baby, hold me back... Seriously, I avoid that place like the plague... I can't eat just one... :neutral: ..... That or a really good yeast roll (Logans, Golden Corral style rolls) ohhhhh myyyy.

Who can eat one hot and now Krispy Kreme?
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Donuts. God I love donuts.

That part
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Any kind of chip