What is the one food you can't even touch?

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Does it have icing? That almost painfully sweet grocery store butter cream? Then keep it the hell away from my face lest I grow to be 200+lbs again lol
  • RayahEllen
    RayahEllen Posts: 40 Member
    French Fries. Chips and Salsa/Queso/Guacamole. Any kind of reese's.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    These Japanese Mexican peanuts you can only get in Mexico. I swear they have cocaine in them. I can not stop eating them once I start. And I'm not the only one this has happened to.
    My sister was over at my house and asked if she could have a couple and she accidentally ate the whole bag. She's usually great with moderation and she even said she doesn't know what came over her, she literally could not stop eating them.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    ice cream. hella nope.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    bigbaypony wrote: »
    mlee981 wrote: »
    I find if I'm eating ENOUGH of the RIGHT foods . I stress the word "ENOUGH" and "RIGHT" I do not crave junk or anything of the sort .

I used to be a big sucker for PB and J sandwiches, I still love em don't get me wrong but I found I was eating three of them a day at one point especially during the early months of recovery from anorexia .

Once I was weight restored , and my appetite naturally regulated (it's still regulating ) I no longer craved these foods, as my body didn't need them.

I started eating MORE whole foods, making my porridge in the morning with up to 100 grams of oats and a plant based milk alternative (preferably soy as its more nutrient and protein rich) instead of water, and eating plenty of bananas , whole grain rice , potatoes , BEANSSSS, fruits and vegetables .

When I fill up with good food I no longer feel so out of control around crap empty calorie foods , and can stop at 1 or 2 Oreos instead of 4-6 or the whole packet .

It's literally as simple as eating WHOLE food and eating ENOUGH .

If you have ever restricted your calories
    You will end up experiencing "reactive eating" (Google the term extreme hunger) and thus this is why diets do not work.

In terms of calories I eat between 2500-3000 calories on average , I go to the gym 5 times a week and do my best to walk everyday as its so good for you .

Calories are not created equally .

I've had anorexia , I used to believe the "calories in calories" out , which in a sense is true as its physics , but do you really think the body processes all the calories the same as a donut versus I dunno an apple?

No.

There's a study done on people eating nuts I believe it was almonds , and they found that a percentage of the almond calories were excreted via stool as the body couldn't process them.

Whole food is the way to go.

This is really only applicable to people who have had eating disorders. I understand exactly what you're saying, as I recovered from anorexia (and bulimia... and exercise bulimia...) as well. But for people who've never messed with their hunger cues or really built self-worth/esteem/heavily labeled things as "good" and "bad," this isn't as applicable.

It's a bit controversial to insist "calories are not created equally"... OK, more than a bit.

I think she means that your body does not extract all the calories from many foods. Fibrous ones and such. Whereas highly refined foods, your body extracts every calorie. We aren't bomb calorimeters, so therefore we don't completely burn everything we take in.

to stay on topic: jelly filled donuts!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    LUHAN27 wrote: »
    When I read this thread title, I thought it was going to be about food I couldn't eat because I hated it lol.

Me too. LOL I was going to write glutrn because I'm a celiac, but the nevermore food for me is candy.
  • LittleChipin
    LittleChipin Posts: 102 Member
    Lime hot cheetos with salsa Valentina or the xxhot cheetos, my kryptonite I try to stay away from!!
  • EverestAhead
    EverestAhead Posts: 3 Member
    For me it's hummus with Tyrrell's sweet chilli and red pepper crisps. I can't just have a wee drop, has to be the whole tub n packet. So I have to stay away from them entirely or I'll never get back on that wagon!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    For me it's hummus with Tyrrell's sweet chilli and red pepper crisps. I can't just have a wee drop, has to be the whole tub n packet. So I have to stay away from them entirely or I'll never get back on that wagon!

I am storing this in my 'snacks I have to try' section of my memory. Sounds good. Maybe with Prosecco and a movie...
  • rugbyishy
    rugbyishy Posts: 38 Member
    I have sweet tooth and seems soon as have 1 biscuit easily can eat the pack plus bread is a biggy to.
  • Oishii
    Cadbury mini-eggs at Easter, and candy cane Hershey Kisses at Christmas. At least my triggers are seasonal! :p

I feel you on both of those! Cadbury creme eggs are my weakness, though. They had them at the gas station near my work for way too long after easter ended....

I have my own 'solution' to the Creme Egg problem: every year I overdose on the things (4-6 in close succession) once, and then I lose my urge to eat them for another year... Better for my dental health too!
  • Oishii
    edited September 2016
    Liquorice Allsorts are the worst for me. I weigh out and log one portion. Then another. Then another. Once I sent the remains of a pack to a friend the other side of the Atlantic to save myself!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Nuts. Just plain nuts, not even the fancy kind. That's why I only have them when I have access to single serving packs or as a part of some other dish where you I can't overeat them. Half a serving of ice cream, one oz of chips, 2 slices of pizza.. these are all fine and dandy, but not nuts. What's odd is that when I buy a single serving I'm actually happy with it and don't seek more, but when it's readily available I would have to physically restrain myself not to have a second (or 10th) serving.
  • Oishii
    And I had to bin some Betty Crocker chocolate frosting and some Fluff when I started eating them obsessively (I'd finished baking and serving the birthday cake they were intended for). It gets to a point where a certain eating behaviour borders on abuse, and if I sense that I will take the measures necessary.
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Oreos . I even dream about eating Oreos and then when I wake up I have to convince myself it was a dream because I don't have them in the house
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Killian's Irish Red with a bag of dill pickle chips. This combo will destroy me.

Chips/salt of any kind. I flat out can't moderate them :(
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    peanut butter cups, I don't even go close to the counter when I'm at the super market!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Pizza. Chips with salsa, queso or guac. Doritos.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    jennitm wrote: »
    Doritos, and double stuffed oreos

Same for me! Also jalapeño cheetos, cereal, jelly beans, and used to be ice cream but I've been doing a lot better with that.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,312 Member
    sausage. Almost any kind. I can eat the whole pack