Any Keto-ers out there?

Options
13»

Replies

• bebya3
    bebya3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »
    for those of you hoping it works, i started in January and also decreased my cals. I am eating 1500 cals and am not hungry and dont have cravings. The best part is 100 pounds down without exercise. Yes it takes will power. I decided i was done being a fat *kitten*

100 pounds! That's fantastic! Well done... I'm very inspired! Just 4 kilos down in one month...
  • danimi00
    danimi00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been on LCHF for 30 days to lose weight and lower my cholesterol. My total cholesterol is down 20% and I've lost 5lb. My husband lost 15 lb in the same 30days on the diet with me. I just turned 50 and my skin is way more elastic, and i feel pretty good!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    I have been keto/low carb sine late May - had blood work in July and it was the best numbers in my adult life!
  • lynettep734
    lynettep734 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm trying keto also would love sum encouragement. And I'll do the same
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on their SVs and NSVs in this thread!
  • Sarahb29
    Options
    ShyFrozt wrote: »
    My biggest struggle with Keto is the willpower. I cheated and had a Chocolate lol. But even when it comes to exercise I just give in way too quickly...

You can have a little bit of dark chocolate when following keto. Stick to 90% or higher. I can't binge eat it at all because it's so strong, but usually two squares is more then enough to satisfy my chocolate craving. There's chocolate teas out there that are ok too and you can sweeten them with sugar free chocolate syrup.
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle with Keto is the willpower. I cheated and had a Chocolate lol. But even when it comes to exercise I just give in way too quickly...

If you can find Lily's chocolates (usually at Whole Foods) it is very keto friendly. 1 pieces for 1 carb for most of their bars.
  • tterrill11375
    tterrill11375 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The meal calculator doesn't help all that much because unless one is eating pure carbs, protein, and fat, it's not easy to know the percentage of each as part of total calories. Does anyone know a good way to total up a day's food intake and arrive at the ratios between carbs, protein and fat?
  • Sarahb29
    edited September 2016
    Options

If you can find Lily's chocolates (usually at Whole Foods) it is very keto friendly. 1 pieces for 1 carb for most of their bars.

I get Lily's chocolate a lot - you have to subtract the fiber and sugar alcohol to get net carbs for keto. The actual count for a milk chocolate Lilys bar is 3 net carbs for half a bar (40g).

22g carbs - 12g fiber - 7 sugar alcohols = 3 net carbs. One square would be much less :)
  • tterrill11375
    tterrill11375 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found the answer to my question. It's a premium feature.