Spiders and exercise lol

Options
2»

Replies

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Spiders don't bother me all that much. However, we train at home in our basement and periodically we'll get a bat flapping around. Nothing makes squats as fun as a bat near your head.

We've named him flappy.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    melodysf10 wrote: »
    You really would get a workout at my house. Tarantulas are a hobby of mine. I have a whole room full of them. :)

@melodysf10 Here, too! We have many Ts and a scorpion.

I highly doubt anyone can outrun a gigas or poeci (unless they can teleport!) :smiley:
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Having lived in Australia now for 7 years, spiders don't bother me much.

Scorpions, however, still make me nervous.
    Yeah, once you've experienced huntsmans.... ;)

They say that huntsman spiders are a leading cause of car accidents here!

I don't doubt that for a second.
    I wouldn't mind them if they were actually peaceful, but they can chase after you. Nope, nope, nope. I'd rather be in the same room with several tarantulas.
    robininfl wrote: »
    I love spiders, and snakes both. Gorgeous and interesting creatures, and they eat pests. But running early in the morning often means being the one to clear the sidewalks of eye-level spiderweb, and that I do NOT enjoy. Why do they string webs across the sidewalks?

Agreed @robininfl ! I adore them as well. I often dive into macrophotography and just love spider faces, especially the little jumping spiders. SO CUTE!

As for the reason why they build webs across sidewalks? I'm pretty sure they just love the entertainment. HAHAHAHAHA! Take THAT, human! ;)
  • cynnara1
    cynnara1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Uh no, no, no. Spiders eat bugs then cause heart failure in a major part of the population. The other half died from snakes. Then I live in Florida and discover I'm deathly allergic to roaches. Which means I should like spiders. Still no. *shudders*

Evil huntsman spiders can just go away, in the ocean....and not come back. I'm not a bug person. Nope. Butterflies, yes. Ladybugs, yes. Everything else, not so much.

Cynnara