One-month daily exercise challenge

Options
A fancy new gym has opened just a 1-min walk away from where I live. They have an introductory offer for £30 for 30 days membership. So I signed up, and am determined to have a one-month blitz to get my money's worth!

Previously, I was running for 40 mins, twice a week. But I've shelved that while I take advantage of all the classes on offer. My plan is to be there every day for a class. I'm tying this in with a ban on crisps, and cutting down on wine.

So far, I've done Boxercise, BodyStep and Spin, 3 days in a row. I'm aching all over, but enjoying it so much. I'm hoping that by the end of my 30-day membership I've lost some weight, and picking up my running again is a bit easier.

Anyone done anything similar...?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    unless 1 or 2 of those classes is yoga then it sounds a tad excessive to me, to not have a rest day each week?
  • novembersuse
    novembersuse Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I will include yoga/balance classes. I suppose it's designed to be excessive though, because it's a short-term one-off push.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,197 Member
    Options
    You might be interested in joining one of the challenges here too ... like this one ... :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10451003/september-2016-walk-jog-bike-move-challenge#latest

Up till just recently, I exercised every single day for more than a year. The only thing that stopped me just recently was the flu. Even so I've managed to do a little walking and will start up again shortly for, hopefully, another year or more. :)

• hlektra28
    hlektra28 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just start gym recently. I gen an offer for 50EUR for the whole year!!!! So I want to try to go 5 times per week.
  • novembersuse
    Options
    Oh thanks, that looks really cool.

Every day for a year?! THAT is impressive! Has it made a difference?
  • hlektra28
    hlektra28 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just start gym recently haven't see any difference
  • Machka9
    Options
    Oh thanks, that looks really cool.

Every day for a year?! THAT is impressive! Has it made a difference?

I've been exercising just about every day since I could crawl. :grin: I've been quite active most of my life. About the only times I'm not active is if I'm ill or just really need a day or two of rest.

Prior to this current little exercise break, the last time I had a day off was in July 2015, and that was only because I was flying from Canada to Australia and when you head that direction, you lose a day. So I didn't really have a day off, it just looks that way on the exercise log. :grin: But I did have a real day off about a week before that because we were travelling all day and arrived at our destination to meet with the family for an anniversary dinner. I just couldn't fit more than a little pacing at the ferry terminal into my day that day.

All that said, I do a variety of things ... not the same length and intensity every day. Some days might be a 30 min walk ... other days might be a 100 mile bicycle ride. Some days include weight lifting ... other days are a nice canoe on a lake.

I just really enjoy being active!
  • novembersuse
    Options
    That puts me well to shame! :smile: So far I've found that the trickiest bit is trying to make sure my gym gear is washed and dry by the next day, haha
  • Machka9
    edited September 2016
    Options
    That puts me well to shame! :smile: So far I've found that the trickiest bit is trying to make sure my gym gear is washed and dry by the next day, haha

Half my wardrobe is sports wear of various sorts. :grin: And I do loads of laundry that are entirely cycling clothes and gym clothes and that sort of thing.

But as long as you mix it up ... do light work some days and more intense work on other days ... you should be all right.