September 2016 Walk, jog, bike, MOVE challenge

Options
jeanniewes
jeanniewes Posts: 3,640 Member
So we are off again. :) SEPTEMBER here we come! :) As always you choose your OWN TYPE OF EXERCISE too log up those MILES!

It has been a pleasure having everyone join me and as you keep asking if we're having another one <3 then I will try too keep them going.... :)

My personal WALKING GOAL will be 120 Walking Miles.....

Replies

• ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi...I have done this challenge before but it sounds good so I'm in!

My goal will also be 120 walking miles
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm in again - logging those '350 plus cals burn' days, those with 'at least 30 mins plus' of excercise and as few 'nothing' days as poss. Hoping to get those endorphins going / calories burned on atleast half of the month....
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I'm back in again (and thanks for the title change to encompass more options!!). :smiley:

Goals - 50 miles walking or home machine; 25 miles Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP)

Here's hoping I can get all my SUP miles in this month since I should start the fall racing season in October.
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hello! Please count me in!
    Goal is 200 miles using elliptical or stationary bike.
  • heidi1906
    heidi1906 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi all count me my goal is 150 miles
  • rccsinger
    rccsinger Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    So, I am not going to reach my goal for August :'( (Jeannie, I can't even blame a faulty pedometer/fitbit!) I am going to try again in Sept for 210 miles. I am hoping the weather will be cooler which will make it easier to squeeze in an evening walk!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Back for September. Thanks to this challenge in August, My average walking steps were up by 3k a day. I blew my walking goal out of the water. However, my body is exhausted. So some new goals, hopefully they won't be too crazy.

My goals are:
    10k steps a day
    2 crossfit days (15 min or more)
    2 yoga days (15 min or more)

I have yet to do any cross fit, but I wan't to increase my over all health and prevent muscle loss. The cross fit days are going to be a super big challenge for me.

Good luck everyone!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My Fitbit is all wonky right now but I'm hoping to get another one soon. So! I'm going to go for 100 miles this month. (eek!)
  • ms2myheart
    ms2myheart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've never done a challenge on here before. I'm excited! I recently bought a bike and wow it's been a while since I've been on one. I rode it today 7 blocks and walked on the treadmill for 1hr.
  • modp62
    modp62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join (first timer here)!
    I will reach for the magic 10,000 a day. Either in steps or rower (meters) or a combination.
  • chrissie_irene
    chrissie_irene Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all! This sounds like a great challenge and I can definitely use the motivation. I'm down for logging 100 miles. :)
  • Carolina_trail_rider
    Options
    How do you join the challenge?
  • rccsinger
    Options
    rcadden21 wrote: »
    How do you join the challenge?

Welcome!
    All you need to do is set your goal and log your progress!

• rccsinger
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies and welcome back everyone else!
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I hit 130 miles in August and had a couple of off days, so my goal for September will be 140 miles!
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hey - welcome to all the 'newbees'!

Particularly glad to see another bike rider. Ms2myheart.... Just build it up gently, as it uses muscles you may not have thought about for a while ! Do you have some nice parks or riverside paths nearby?

And good to see the old familiars too...
    X

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    For those of you having challenges with your electronic devices/pedometers, you may want to try this site to help you measure your distance - http://www.geodistance.com/ . You can either snap to roads or turn off that option (which I use to measure my on water distance or when I'm walking on trails instead of roads). It's not perfect, but it should provide a pretty good ballpark estimate of your distance.
  • michchipp
    michchipp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Newbie here. I don't count my steps I'm just going to walk for an hour every day. I like to split it up in a few walks per day to total minimum of one hour.
  • konagirl64
    konagirl64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm back in, goal will be 200 miles on my stationary bike, increasing intensity as new hip tolerates. Also walking 30 minutes a day if pain allows.