Considering bringing lunch everyday...what are your go-to (non microwavable) easy lunches?

Options
13»

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    If I had a way to keep it cold, I would bring tuna salad with a little mayo, spicy mustard and lemon juice. Plenty of protein, healthy fats and can be spread on either bread or crackers. As for a drink, probably a 7.5oz canned soda [I usually bring a small Fanta with me to work, only 30g carb and 100 calories so just enough to boost blood sugar levels].
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like to have a few pieces of fruit, some carrot sticks, a hard boiled egg, yogurt, and a granola bar. Sometimes I will take some Almond Milk to go too. I eat them throughout the day as I have a desire to eat... it sets me up for a pretty clean-eating day. Good luck with your packed lunches, it really is better than winging it with restaurants!
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Today I brought a peanutbutter sambo :)

Other days I bring leftover dinner, or salad, or a tin of baked beans which I'll have on toast, soup, could be anything really. I rarely go out for lunch, maybe once a month tops.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Cooked a pork loin this weekend to 165 in a smoker with a simple rub (lower sodium) then tossed it in the crockpot until it hit 195ish and shredded it, removed the fat cap and will be eating it on a bun this week. Yum. Froze it in 6oz portions for easy thawing the night before in the fridge.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I keep a jar of natural chunky peanut butter at the office as a "backup" and have a wheat bagel with PB for lunch a lot the time. Other days, I bring salads or sandwiches.
  • Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    For lunch I bring - cut-up veggies, hard boiled egg, piece of cheese, side of guac, and some chicken most days.
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If you like the salads- I buy the clamshell of spinach or mixed greens, add precooked chicken (our deli sells precooked grilled chicken strips) and any other veggies. If you have a fridge at work- keep your salad dressing and toppings at work. My other common lunch is soups- either the campbells gourmet or a homemade (i prepare these in bulk and freeze them)
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    mini sweet peppers, salad, deli sandwich or a wrap. Chips or crackers, yogurt. Today was salad with deli turkey (I get boar's head 46% lower sodium (still in the 500mg range, but better than 900mg for the regular stuff), shredded mozzarella, yogurt ranch dressing, berries, and reduced fat kettle chips. Very satisfying. My husband batch cooks lean ground beef that he grinds or chicken thighs and we use those for lunches too for a lower sodium options.
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for all the great suggestions!!!
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I always bring a mason jar salad. Dressing on bottom, meat or beans next, onions and cheese, any nuts or seeds, then pile in the lettuce, spinach, kale, whatever green you want for your salad. I make mine on Sunday and they stay fresh all week. I have yet to have a wilted green on Friday even after it has set in the fridge all week. I usually don't put my dressing in, I do that at work, but this past week, I did smoked butt salads and put some bbq sauce in the bottom. It still stayed fresh. Today I did bbq sauce, smoked butt, red onion, diced tomatoes, shredded American cheese, then about 2 cups of spring mix. One thing I do is make sure my greens are DRY DRY DRY before I put them in the jar.
  • cbkeel
    cbkeel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    fitmek wrote: »
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Leftover pizza is my go to lunch.
    Assuming it's cold? Yuck! :) Whatever works for you though hehe.

You haven't lived 'til you've eaten cold pizza. Especially for breakfast.

Agreed. Sometimes I buy pizza just to Refridgerate it so I can eat it cold. It's delicious!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Chick pea salad with parsley, cucumbers, and some lemon juice.