Halloween 2016

Options

Replies

• saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My s.o. and I are throwing a Halloween party (our 1st in this house) the weekend before, I'm going to Olive Oyl and they will be Popeye. I've already started making decorations, but evidently I am supposed to wait until October 1st before I'm allowed to start decorating... :/

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE!

Decorate your little heart out!

I told them the internet says I can start now, and since the internet never lies, I am starting decorating this weekend! >:)
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    My s.o. and I are throwing a Halloween party (our 1st in this house) the weekend before, I'm going to Olive Oyl and they will be Popeye. I've already started making decorations, but evidently I am supposed to wait until October 1st before I'm allowed to start decorating... :/

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE!

Decorate your little heart out!

I told them the internet says I can start now, and since the internet never lies, I am starting decorating this weekend! >:)

I am hoping to start decorating by next weekend....
  • Domino_75
    Domino_75 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    ip4ctcue5xhw.jpeg

These are my past 4 yrs of costumes. I make the prosthetics and do my own makeup. I love halloween!

That is amazing work!! You are so talented!!
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    ip4ctcue5xhw.jpeg

These are my past 4 yrs of costumes. I make the prosthetics and do my own makeup. I love halloween!

number 3.. is that Darla? :love: Wow, your costumes are amazing
  • iceyblues
    iceyblues Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Me and my other half were Harley and Mr J last year......have no idea what to do this year!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    iceyblues wrote: »
    Me and my other half were Harley and Mr J last year......have no idea what to do this year!

Reverse it, you be Mr. J and S.O. be Harley.
  • iceyblues
    iceyblues Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    iceyblues wrote: »

Reverse it, you be Mr. J and S.O. be Harley.

That would be interesting haha
  • elle_bear_11
    elle_bear_11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    H1Z1 soldier but i guess ill be explaining it to some people..
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Joker
  • sceleratis
    sceleratis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm going as Billy Idol, my husband is going as Slash. I already have most of the costume components in my closet, so I just have to spike up my hair and get some fingerless gloves. My almost 3 year old can't decide if she wants to be Elsa, Kylo Ren or BB8. Her answer changes depending on her mood and how many times she's asked to watch The Force Awakens that day.
  • FluffyRhino
    FluffyRhino Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I usually just toss something together for myself, but I go all out when it comes to my kids' costumes!! Here is what they'll be wearing this year, dressing as Sans and Mettaton Ex from the video game Undertale. (Pics are from when we went to a con this summer.)

ffc7jwwhg90h.jpg

5m7go55hbe46.jpg

Here's one from a couple years ago when we all did a Pokemon theme!

5y5c3uzknl8b.jpg

xdherghfwb1l.jpg

bjpcmj1ucpcz.jpg

I'm poor and have no where to set up my sewing machine that my youngest won't get into it, so any sewing I do is hand sewing. So I try to keep their costumes built from things that they can re-use through the year. "Real" clothes, adjustable and removable accessories, and the like.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I usually just toss something together for myself, but I go all out when it comes to my kids' costumes!! Here is what they'll be wearing this year, dressing as Sans and Mettaton Ex from the video game Undertale. (Pics are from when we went to a con this summer.)

ffc7jwwhg90h.jpg

5m7go55hbe46.jpg

5y5c3uzknl8b.jpg

xdherghfwb1l.jpg

bjpcmj1ucpcz.jpg

I'm poor and have no where to set up my sewing machine that my youngest won't get into it, so any sewing I do is hand sewing. So I try to keep their costumes built from things that they can re-use through the year. "Real" clothes, adjustable and removable accessories, and the like.

Haha.. cute
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    So in the US is Hallowe'en just a "dress up as whatever" thing then? Not spooky / scary for All Hallow's Eve?
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    subakwa wrote: »
    So in the US is Hallowe'en just a "dress up as whatever" thing then? Not spooky / scary for All Hallow's Eve?

That is correct. My nephew went as Mario from the video game.
  • FluffyRhino
    Options

It's definitely more wish-fulfillment than trying to be frightening here.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

Yup. Dress up as whatever you want really. I was a fairly last year but an evil fairy.

People decorated their houses to be spooky here. One does a full on haunted house in their front yard
  • _Sugar_interrupted
    Options

ffc7jwwhg90h.jpg

5m7go55hbe46.jpg

5y5c3uzknl8b.jpg

xdherghfwb1l.jpg

bjpcmj1ucpcz.jpg

My 8 year old wants to be meta/mega flowey & I keep trying to talk him into being sans... This may help! It's awesome!!!
  • FluffyRhino
    Options

My 8 year old wants to be meta/mega flowey & I keep trying to talk him into being sans... This may help! It's awesome!!!

That's awesome! My daughter says that she is "totally a Sans in real life because [she is] funny and lazy."
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Anyone going as a spooky ghost?