peanut butter everyday

Options
13»

Replies

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    For those of you who eat PB everyday and are worried about the calories, try peanut butter powder.

You get the taste and protein w/only a trace of fat, which comprises about 75-80% of the calories in regular peanut butter. The difference comes down to around 188 cals vs 45 cals per 2 tbsp serving.

Funny for me because I void the powdered stuff because there is not what I feel to be enough fat. I have heard though people work this stuff into all sorts of recipes. I wanted to try it in peanut butter cookies or maybe cake frosting and see how it goes!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    For those of you who eat PB everyday and are worried about the calories, try peanut butter powder.

You get the taste and protein w/only a trace of fat, which comprises about 75-80% of the calories in regular peanut butter. The difference comes down to around 188 cals vs 45 cals per 2 tbsp serving.

Funny for me because I void the powdered stuff because there is not what I feel to be enough fat. I have heard though people work this stuff into all sorts of recipes. I wanted to try it in peanut butter cookies or maybe cake frosting and see how it goes!

Yup. I'm often low on my fat goal, so lately I've been having peanut butter with breakfast and as a snack.

I've bought the powder for a few recipes, but it mostly just sits in my pantry.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I eat Better N' Peanut Butter (peanut butter) 2 to 3 tablespoons mixed with some yogurt and cinnamon pretty much every night of the week. For a snack/treat before bed. I love it. It always fits in my calorie target for the day and yes I feel guilty about everything I eat :smile: it's a mental thing. Just get over it and enjoy what you can.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 2 Tbsp daily for weeks now and I don't believe it's caused any problems with my weight loss_it's something i look forward to/enjoy.I rely on it for fats and it fits in my calorie budget.But I sometimes find myself feeling guilty about eating it and I have to convince myself there's no harm being done!_does anyone else feel this way when eating PB or any other foods that could possibly be perceived as fattening,you eat within your calories?

No particular food causes a problem with weight loss...excess calories are what inhibit weight loss.

No food is fattening...foods contain fat...dietary fat has no bearing on body fat...excess body fat is a bi-product of consuming an excess of energy (calories)...so no...I don't feel guilty because there's nothing to feel guilty about.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have a pb&j sandwich for lunch M-F with no guilt whatsoever, and have been doing this for almost 2 years. Recently I've started having a little peanut butter at night to reach my intake goal, too. Peanut butter powder is awesome, also. My guilty pleasure is sprinkling maybe 1 tbsp into some marshmallow fluff and eating it straight from the container :wink: