WWYD...short on calories but not hungry.

Options
2»

Replies

• WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    jbee27 wrote: »
    Your goal is to eat only 1,000 calories a day? And you aren't getting there?

OP, you may want to consider professional help. Nutritionist, therapist, any qualified medical professional.

Not this week, it's been rough. I am trying to walk 2hrs a day to create that deficit to drop the excess lbs and I end up not feeling hungry at all.
  • WanderingRivers
    edited September 2016
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    OP did you not get the answers you were looking for in the thread you posted earlier this week?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10456804/i-cant-reach-1000cals-help/p1

I'm not sure why you think you might get different answers now - as people suggested in both threads, there are plenty of calorie dense nutritious foods that you can use to help get you up to a minimum caloric threshold. Also as mentioned in your other thread, if you aren't using a food scale, it is possible you are already eating more than you think.

I have ADHD. Memory is not one of my strong suits. Sorry about that. :(
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Start by buying a food scale.

We are still in recovery mode from an expensive vehicle repair so there is no room for extras. And I am not sure I can justify ANOTHER gadget in the kitchen that's already crowded as is.

If you don't have a food scale then I almost guarantee you are eating more than you think, hence your increased satiety levels at only 1k.

^^ THIS! Invest in one. Use it until you get used to the measurements. Personally, I was underestimating a lot (I would count 1 slice of thin turkey from the deli as 2-oz, way off!) but some things (like fruit, PB alternatives, etc.) I was underestimating. If you aren't working out and are depending strictly on decreased calorie intake to lose, then you MUST invest in a food scale.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Start by buying a food scale.

We are still in recovery mode from an expensive vehicle repair so there is no room for extras. And I am not sure I can justify ANOTHER gadget in the kitchen that's already crowded as is.

$15 at Walmart...

Actually, this one is $7.95 -

https://www.amazon.com/AXNY-Ultra-Electronic-Kitchen-Scale/dp/B00GNIBMU0/ref=sr_1_25?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1473971799&sr=1-25&keywords=food+scale
  • WanderingRivers
    Options
    When I mean there is no room, there is no room. We are currently plotting down to the penny. If it's not in the budget, it's not happening.