cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
When to text, when to call?

Replies

• cee134
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Text instead of leaving a message. Especially if you start off with the *puppy-ing* time you called, I know when the *babyduck* you called.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Call when it's my mom or MIL/FIL, text when it's any one else, period.

My good friend is the only one of my friends that actually calls me and it comes at the most inopportune times, every time.
  • jtegirl
    jtegirl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    My go to is texting. My mom doesn't text and it drives me nuts having to find time to call, when a quick text would suffice.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    52404148.jpg
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I don't like talking on the phone unless I have a big story to tell that's just too much or too complicated to text. My go-to is texting these days.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, I always used to respond a couple hours late. It drove the ladies nuts. But they were intrigued. And I always came up with creative excuses.

Of course, I had a learning curve and I learned texting immediately is considered the dude is desperate. Games? I am more adept at mind games, sisters!

I never call anyone on the phone anymore. Except my wife, broccoli and my mother. Sometimes my boss or the pizza delivery shop.

I would hate that and move on. I text when I'm available, if you deliberately ignore me buh-bye!
  • cee134
    Options
    If I have to spend longer typing then talking I call.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I hate talking on the phone. I call my grandmother weekly and text everyone else. I even text my boss!
  • cee134
    Options
    I hate talking on the phone. I call my grandmother weekly and text everyone else. I even text my boss!

Text your boss, or text like a boss?
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Geeky_and_Cheeky Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer to talk over the phone instead of texting
  • JukeboxHeroine
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Both actually!
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Both actually!

You know, technically if you do something like a boss, you would pay people to do it for you.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    Options
    Well I'm too poor for that.
  • cee134
    Options
    Well I'm too poor for that.

You can pay people with deferred rates! That means they work for free.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    Options
    You offering?
  • cee134
    Options
    You offering?

Sure, but I will text what I want when I want.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else do this? If I receive a text/call, with no message left when I don't answer, after 9 pm at night (when I'm usually in bed watching a show with hubs), I wait till I get up at 4:30am for the gym and reply then? Is that mean? lol (I don't care if it is, don't contact me after 9pm if it's not an emergency).
  • cee134
    Options
    Does anyone else do this? If I receive a text/call, with no message left when I don't answer, after 9 pm at night (when I'm usually in bed watching a show with hubs), I wait till I get up at 4:30am for the gym and reply then? Is that mean? lol (I don't care if it is, don't contact me after 9pm if it's not an emergency).

I have a option on my phone that lets me set a time when I don't want to be contacted. It also lets me set people that I can still have contact if I want (for emergancies or whatever). I think it's rude to call after 9PM on a weekday, normally.