When to text, when to call?

Options

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else do this? If I receive a text/call, with no message left when I don't answer, after 9 pm at night (when I'm usually in bed watching a show with hubs), I wait till I get up at 4:30am for the gym and reply then? Is that mean? lol (I don't care if it is, don't contact me after 9pm if it's not an emergency).

You can schedule a text to go out whenever you like too.
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I recognize that I'm in the minority and also old af, but don't understand the appeal of texting. I talk to my best friend on the phone every single day, and we laugh together and interrupt each other and instantly know the other's mood and it's awesome. Mind you, other friends I only call once in a blue moon, but still, I like to hear people's voices. Just seems way more personal to me.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I use an old deactivated iPhone with imessage that doesn't have a phone number associated with it. The only people who have my phone number are telemarketers apparently.

At least you're not using third grade technology.
  • _Sugar_interrupted
    Options
    I hate when people don't have iPhones simply because their phone number shows up on text message logs on my bill.

And then my husband knows who I'm talking to.

Ruins everything.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    44to44 wrote: »
    I recognize that I'm in the minority and also old af, but don't understand the appeal of texting. I talk to my best friend on the phone every single day, and we laugh together and interrupt each other and instantly know the other's mood and it's awesome. Mind you, other friends I only call once in a blue moon, but still, I like to hear people's voices. Just seems way more personal to me.

I like talking on the phone too, sometimes. But with people I'm close too. I don't like when acquaintances or colleagues call me and make me listen to a message. In fact I tell people not to leave me a message. I hate messages.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I hate when people don't have iPhones simply because their phone number shows up on text message logs on my bill.

Ruins everything.

Duh...just use kik

But anyone can see how much data the app uses, and then from there make crazy assumptions.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Ruins everything.

Duh...just use kik

But anyone can see how much data the app uses, and then from there make crazy assumptions.

So only kik while on wifi?

Edit: This wizard up here^
  • _Sugar_interrupted
    Options

Ruins everything.

Duh...just use kik

I do. For the people using dat 3rd grade technology.

Duh.

Sent from my iPhone
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    But I don't have wifi at work, and I don't know anyone that kik while at home.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You don't need to use kik, you can use google to call or text.

So last April fools I made a google number which can call or text. Than I text people cat facts every 15 minute with an option to cancel, and when they cancel I tell them, thanks for confirming and keep sending them cat facts until I get board.

There's an app for it now that makes it much easier.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    I use an old deactivated iPhone with imessage that doesn't have a phone number associated with it. The only people who have my phone number are telemarketers apparently.

At least you're not using third grade technology.

Third grade technology, 2 tin cans connected by a string?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I don't text. If you have something you need to talk about, call me. Even then, you've got about 30 seconds to get through the "How do you do's?" and get to the topic at hand. Not a fan of small talk. If you just want to hang out call me. I'll meet you anywhere and enjoy your company.

As a matter of fact, I turned my phone off on 8/14 as we were boarding a plane for Vegas. Haven't turned it back on yet.