Your prayers have been answered, cauliflower hot dogs

Options
123457»

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Let's see if it passes the kids test. Usually, if it's shaped like a sausage, they're happy =)

Kids and I have that in common...
    That's, um, what... she... said? Uh, no. Never mind.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You can have my awful nitrate-ridden salty meat sticks of death when you pry them from my cold dead hands.

Amen!
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    gag.gif

My first reaction. Just eat a damn hot dog and work out a littler harder? Maybe good for non meat eaters I guess just sounds gross.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    and the carrot weiner never gets soft. it stays nice and stiff. so yeah better cause stiff too.
    Are you serious right now?! Everybody's seriously just going to let that ride on by?! Oh Em Eff Gee:laugh: !

I am dead serious. Other recipe was saying to cook it until mushy. I don't usually like mushy veggies. So yeah. firmer carrot better carrot dog.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Let's see if it passes the kids test. Usually, if it's shaped like a sausage, they're happy =)

Kids and I have that in common...
    That's, um, what... she... said? Uh, no. Never mind.

Yes. Yes she did.

I need to go change my underwear after the ice cream slider pics. Ha! Slider. :bigsmile:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    and the carrot weiner never gets soft. it stays nice and stiff. so yeah better cause stiff too.
    Are you serious right now?! Everybody's seriously just going to let that ride on by?! Oh Em Eff Gee:laugh: !

I am dead serious. Other recipe was saying to cook it until mushy. I don't usually like mushy veggies. So yeah. firmer carrot better carrot dog.
    So nobody's gonna bite... on the nice and stiff carrot weiner that never gets soft? :bigsmile:
    Hello? Is this thing on?!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    lol
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

So nobody's gonna bite... on the nice and stiff carrot weiner that never gets soft? :bigsmile:
    Hello? Is this thing on?!

LOL, so yeah here's a good example of how the recipe we used was. I remember most of these ingredients in the marinade, and also recall marinading overnight. I KNOW there was sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger grated and grated garlic. The rest looks reasonable like it might have been in there. For some reason I thought we actually put sesame seeds but I could be wrong. Only big difference from this recipe is we grilled ours. I do remember now though after reading the recipe that we did boil them first for a short time since this ensufred supposedly that the carrots would soak up the marinade. Now that I think of it, it may have been a video. Why oh why don't I save these things. NOw I'm craving one tonight. Ugh.http://cleaneatingveggiegirl.com/2013/07/02/vegan-carrot-hot-dogs/
  • Praisethesun
    Options
    This.. this looks amazing. I need this, haha.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Go big or go home... you went huge.

My hat is off to you sir.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You can have my awful nitrate-ridden salty meat sticks of death when you pry them from my cold dead hands.

Bwahahaha! Totally this ^^^!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    What's next ... coliflower bacon?!?!?! :laugh:

please god no....