Vegan ideas for LOW CARB ..... SUGGESTIONS PLS

Options
bloodblackstone
bloodblackstone Posts: 14 Member
edited September 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Need to cut my carbs and up my protien ( non -meat )

Replies

• vwillan
    vwillan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I seriously just posted almost this exact same thing. All I have found are basically tofu and broccoli. I am going to watch your discussion and see how we do. I will share if anything interesting shows up on mine.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Google eco-atkins if you're thinking of doing low carb. Some ideas there. Vegan will be a challenge. Vegetarian would be more doable.

Tofu etc. will be central, nuts and seeds, cruciferous vegetables, protein powders, bars, shakes in a pinch.

There are a few vegans on the low carb group. A few more vegetarians.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

While not technically low carb (rather it's slow carb) there are a couple of active vegetarians on the south beach diet group. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/8279-south-beach-diet-and-low-glycemic-response-eating

Finally, book mark this:
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/09/south-beach-diet-information-posts-on.html
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    dietdoctor.com has some recipes for vegans. check it out
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »
    dietdoctor.com has some recipes for vegans. check it out

That's right, they do!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Ditto about joining the Low Carber Daily group. We even have a new member who is vegan yet doing a ketogenic diet (below 50g of carbs per day).
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Just eat heathier carbs and drop the muffins and crap carbs and eat veggies and whole grains. Carbs are not bad.
  • kattis81
    kattis81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Things like chickpea salads and curries and chilli sin carne made with soya mince and mixed beans are high in protein. Also very tasty. For snacks hummus with carrots, nuts or chia puddings
  • bloodblackstone
    bloodblackstone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ADD ME Everyone. Thank you. Need to keep the macros moving.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Textured vegetable protein
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I bought a good quality vegan protein powder to remove the guess work from my protein intake (plus micro nutrients). I stay around 20 - 30 gram carbohydrate/daily. The rest are fats. Don't think you can go low carb/low fat and make up the macro ratio difference in protein.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Just eat heathier carbs and drop the muffins and crap carbs and eat veggies and whole grains. Carbs are not bad.

just like there are no unhealthy carbs, there are no healthy ones. The body processes them the same, according to type, whatever the level of refinement.
  • topeb
    topeb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    different types of beans
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Need to cut my carbs and up my protien ( non -meat )

- Tofu and seitan are your friends for upping your protein without too much of a calorie bomb on your deficit.
    - Idk what's available in your area, but processed 'meats' aren't the devil. Gardein and Beyond Meat are amazeballs.
    - Beans are great, but nevertheless do have carbs. Just be aware if you incorporate them.
    - Vegetables will be a great way to fill your plate after incorporating carbs.
    - I eat very little pasta and rice; I basically live on stir-fries. Riced cauliflower is a great way to bulk up a dish and make it 'rice-y' without actually adding rice. Likewise, zoodles are great if you want a noodle-y base without adding a bunch of carbs or calories.