How to deal with a dinner party where it will be hard to track calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• morocj
    morocj Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Suzie,
    Great question! Here are my tips!

1.) Focus on lean proteins & veggies. They will fill you up and provide you with vital nutrients :)
    2.) Choose 1-2 items that you definitely want (ie. a glass of wine or a small dessert) Indulge in them without guilt.
    3.) Listen to your body!!! Eat slowly and mindfully
    4.) Stay hydrated

Don't over stress about logging every little thing. Focus on your protein and veggies, be mindful, drink your water, indulge a little and enjoy your life!
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Go to the banquet and have a good time. Go easy on the alcohol, as that can loosen your control. Take small portions of what you like and leave what you don't. Seafood is a great choice and delicious besides. Even have one small dessert. ONE occasion in a VERY GREAT WHILE is not going to greatly impact your progress. Over the next several days, be diligent to eat low-sodium, low-fat, high-fiber foods. Have a great time, dance off some of the calories if dancing is an option. Enjoy!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! For something like that where you eat bits and pieces of this and that, I just quick add a rough guesstimate, like 1,000 or whatever and make a note of the event in the notes section. But for restaurant dinners, I do my best to create the meal as served in my diary.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Please put down the tracker and enjoy your evening :)

The idea of tracking is to teach you to be mindful about your food in every-day situation's. This is a special occasion - something that doesn't happen daily or even weekly. Enjoy what you are eating and get back 'on track' the next day. This is the human approach and in my opinion - is how you need to look at this entire process.