Too many calories left over, but not hungry. Do I eat anyway?

Options
13»

Replies

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I utilize IF 18/6 daily and it's helped a lot with hunger. There are actually a lot of days I don't come up to my 1500 calories, never super low but maybe 150-250 or so below. I'm not eating if I'm not hungry.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    MrsKila wrote: »
    OMG!!!! OP clearly said Not a TYPICAL DAY!!!!!
    I really think some just want to rant, and use the threads as an outlet to do so. These negative responses probably turn new people off from posting because they may be attacked for asking a honest question. Smh

She actually posted that as an edit after it was mention ed so much. So yeah. It's cool.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I really think some just want to rant, and use the threads as an outlet to do so. These negative responses probably turn new people off from posting because they may be attacked for asking a honest question. Smh

She actually posted that as an edit after it was mention ed so much. So yeah. It's cool.

But she said Today. It seemed others took the 600 cal and ran with it.
  • jayleza
    jayleza Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has added her own food called left over calories. We were on a diet with very minimal calories and still hitting under 900 a day. But with her left over food entry it wasn't intake but she could log at the end of the day.

I dint do it that way. I haven't finished the journal off and on for weeks but still log it.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

But she said Today. It seemed others took the 600 cal and ran with it.

Thank you!!! I feel like some people didn't read clearly!! I said keyword "today" not "everyday" lmao. Thank you for understanding. I thought that some would understand that from the start, but it's like they didn't read clearly/didn't read at all. Lol
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    jayleza wrote: »
    A friend of mine has added her own food called left over calories. We were on a diet with very minimal calories and still hitting under 900 a day. But with her left over food entry it wasn't intake but she could log at the end of the day.

I dint do it that way. I haven't finished the journal off and on for weeks but still log it.

why would you eat under 900 a day? thats not healthy
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

I'm glad you understood where I was coming from. I didn't think my post would cause some of the negative statements I read but, most of the comments were positive and understanding. I appreciate those. :)
    I thought I was clear the first time, but I guess I just needed to clarify more haha
  • alienws1998
    alienws1998 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat. I've found coconut oil is a good source for added calories without carbs, add a couple tablespoons to a glass of cashew milk or almond milk. You'll need to blend it well because coconut oil solidifies at such a low temp otherwise it will be chunky
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It's not going to hurt to be under your calories for a day or two - I see you mentioned that you are usually quite good at sticking to your calorie limit, so that's good. On the days where you are unable to eat anymore, write down how many you had left - add it up and use it at the weekend for an indulgence! That's how I personally handled 'weekday under-eating'. It worked really well for me :)
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    As you said this is a rare day, so i wouldn't force yourself to eat if you're not hungry. You may find you have an extra hungry day tomorrow, and you can make up for your low calorie day then.

This. I usually end up doing this :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't care if I have leftover calories. I'll go over eventually and it will balance out.