Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Pickles
    Boiled eggs with salt
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Hard boiled eggs with salt & 100 calorie popcorn bags
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    Hot toast, butter, peanut butter, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.

I don't think this is healthy. I'm not even sure what healthy means any more. But it's salty, and more satisfying than crisps.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Just salt things...and put hot sauce on everything. I love salted cucumber and peppers.
  • annamommy1965
    annamommy1965 Posts: 6 Member
    Love sea salt with lemon juice and olive oil on my salads. The sea salt makes a slight crunch
  • arditarose
    Oh yeah. I love salting my salads too.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    I fix my food with not much salt, but add it when I'm about to eat. I use sea salt it seems to be more intense than the regular kind (Mortons)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    Tomatoes are amazing salted
  • annamommy1965
    annamommy1965 Posts: 6 Member
    Absolutely ! With sea salt I've learned a little goes a long way.
  • arditarose
    I also eat Glenny's Soy Crisps. They are salty, 120 calories for a serving and have a decent amount of protein as well. I add nutritional yeast to them for cheesiness too.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Olives! Yum!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,484 Member
    My biggest downfall is crisps. I love them. I since I've given up eating them whilst on this healthy eating journey and I'm craving the salt fix.

Can anyone recommend any healthy salty treats to help?

Thanks in advance x

I started eating a pickle or two ... or salted cucumbers ... with cottage cheese after work and that took care of my salt cravings. :)

• SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited September 2016
    Kale chips! (homemade because the ones in the store are insanely overpriced)

Also, pickles don't just have to be cucumbers. I love pickled beets and pickled onions - and just discovered pickled asparagus. My husband likes pickled green beans too.

Interestingly, I've found that when I'm craving salt, often my body is really craving protein so cheese or deli turkey or even scrambled eggs may be what it really wants. But that might just be me.
  • kelhea
    kelhea Posts: 52 Member
    My weakness is potato chips, so when I'm feeling like something salty I go for dill pickles, for some reason they help the craving!