Age gap relationships ❤

Options
grrrgirl
grrrgirl Posts: 38 Member
Me and my fiancé are 19 yrs apart :) And very happy. We have a hard time finding ppl who come close to that. It's always nice to find people who understand because a lot of people frown upon it.

Replies

• StillBreathingFitness
    StillBreathingFitness Posts: 1,916 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I was married to a lady 15 years older than me for 18 years. And I dated a lady 10 years younger than me. I understand.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to avoid a large age gap because I was never interested in younger men and because, morbid or not, I wanted to avoid substantially increasing the chances of me being a young widow. Maybe that's weird, but women do generally live longer than men. My husband is five years older than me, and that's more than enough for me!
  • grrrgirl
    Options
    I always wanted to avoid a large age gap because I was never interested in younger men and because, morbid or not, I wanted to avoid substantially increasing the chances of me being a young widow. Maybe that's weird, but women do generally live longer than men. My husband is five years older than me, and that's more than enough for me!

Thats understandable. It is at times a lot to think about. When I first got together with wally I had to think about that and the fact that he had a heart attack at a young age and his job can be stressful.TBH I never thought I would be in a age gap relationship at all and here I was having to think about these things. But all in all I love him and I think that and the fact that he is the most amazing man I've ever been with tops all those other reasons. Getting to be with him even if I will proly be a young window is better then not having been with him at all ❤

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    My biggest age gap was 8 years. I think 10 is as high as I'd go. It works for some people, but for the most part, I just can't see how you'd have a lot in common with someone too much older. As for younger, I have a friend who's 6 years younger than me who wants to start something, and maybe I'd consider it once he's in his 30's, but he's early 20's. I just want way different things at this point in my life then he'd want. But if it works for you, that's great.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »

Shouldn't you date younger men since women live longer if you don't wanna become a young widow?

• grrrgirl
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    but for the most part, I just can't see how you'd have a lot in common with someone too much older

You would be surprised! My man is 45 today and I'm 26. But being around him you would never think about his age because he has such a young spirit. :) Also you could have something in common with anyone if you look hard enough ;)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My husband is 15 years older, and honestly, age has nothing to do at all with what works or doesn't work between us. It's a complete non factor.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I like an older man.. my bf is 22 years older than me.. I think we're breaking up though

but whatevs
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Not that much of an age gap but my guy is 5-years my elder (23 y.o./28 y.o.)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I guess it just depends...IDK...can't really imagine having a whole lot in common with someone who was in there mid 20s...I have a couple of friends who are in their early 30s and that's about pushing it in terms of having commonalities and similar goings on in life...but ultimately I could give a rats *kitten* what other people are doing so I wouldn't say I frown upon it
  • ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I find I have much more to talk about with an older man, also I like how self assured and confident they are compared to young guys who still need to grow up a lot (in my experience)lol
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    That you Lexi?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Nvm...35 from Dartmouth, MA. SMH Why!!!!!

It's legit, not like you could go find that profile pic on Google

04fcd7c7eba0c3559e5385fe52c09c86.jpg

Oh wait...