Diet coke

Options

Replies

• Janice2Shakira
    Options
    IDK about cancer and obesity rates, but sweeteners give me nasty headaches, had to cut it out years ago. Reading about everyone else enjoying their diet Coke gives me tons of jealousy lol.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Dude. Diet soda causes cancer.

your body being a b**** and not killing a bad cell (likely group of cells at that point) is what causes cancer...

Your cells are supposed to self terminate before things get out of hand...

This is not true, cancer didn't exist until chemicals were invented

:laugh:
  • xinit0
    Options

your body being a b**** and not killing a bad cell (likely group of cells at that point) is what causes cancer...

That is some solid B.S. hahaha They've found prostate cancers in Ancient Egyptian mummies.

I do believe you've been trolled.
  • xinit0
    Options
    was just listening to Science Friday and they were discussing the negative effects of diet soda. in the studies mentioned just 1 can a day had negative effects.

Negative effects? Like what, the removal of suffering from my soul? Link or it didn't happen.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    was just listening to Science Friday and they were discussing the negative effects of diet soda. in the studies mentioned just 1 can a day had negative effects.

Negative effects? Like what, the removal of suffering from my soul? Link or it didn't happen.

its a podcast...so ...download itunes...get an mp3 player....subscribe to Science Friday...download the episode...transfer to your mp3 player...press Play.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I tried to do the diet coke thing since it has no calories. Bu the caffeine and sodium make me feel dried out. If it didn't have the sodium, i'd probably drink it.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    High fructose corn syrup - not a fan personally.
  • caoimhe0
    caoimhe0 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :tongue:
    I pretty much only drink water, 1 coffee in the morning to awaken myself, was looking diet coke and it's only 2 calories? Opinions? I find it hard to believe it is, considering it seems full of sweeteners etc just seriously bored of just drinking water.

As you can prob tell from my profile pic i <3 diet coke :tongue: i drink it everyday and hasnt slowed my weight loss journey :)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

You're awesome. I'm an epi geek . :flowerforyou:

Me too. I took classes in it as an elective when I was doing my grad work.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

I

That's not true. I invented chemicals in 1973 and i know there was at least 2 cases of cancer prior to that year.
    I thought Al Gore invented chemicals in the '90s?

That was the internet!
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    RickNeedzToGetShreaded Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Feck me this is too much trolling and bro science for me, coffee and water it is!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

That is some solid B.S. hahaha They've found prostate cancers in Ancient Egyptian mummies.

Who were preserved with chemicals. See you proved the point!
  • xinit0
    Options

its a podcast...so ...download itunes...get an mp3 player....subscribe to Science Friday...download the episode...transfer to your mp3 player...press Play.

You cited it as evidence... I'm not doing your research.
  • kaseyAnne425
    kaseyAnne425 Posts: 230
    Options
    Diet soda is full of artificial sweeteners (sugar turns into fat). Aspartame (found in most diet sodas) is TERRIBLE for you! A diet soda here and there is fine, but I would try not to make it a habit! And clear sodas are better for you than colas (I've heard something about the cola syrups).

I have tried Fruit Water (by the makers of Vitamin Water) that has 0 calories, fat, sugar, etc. and uses no aspartame. It's delicious, so if you're looking for something bubbly try that!
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    this is too much trolling and bro science for me, coffee and water it is!

Story of this site! I know we are all cranky because we are hungry, but geez, some people are just downright rude.
  • ir8girl
    ir8girl Posts: 2
    Options
    I know water gets boring. Try green tea. Diet soda is horrible for you. its addictive for one thing, and it has artificial sweeteners that are worse for you than regular sugar. Watch the documentary Sugar : the bitter truth on YouTube. It just might change your mind. I know people that got addicted to Diet Coke and wish they had never started. They used to be thin people and now are not and that is a major part of the reason. Just stick with water or green tea, youll be happy with yourself.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is full of artificial sweeteners (sugar turns into fat). Aspartame (found in most diet sodas) is TERRIBLE for you! A diet soda here and there is fine, but I would try not to make it a habit! And clear sodas are better for you than colas (I've heard something about the cola syrups).

I have tried Fruit Water (by the makers of Vitamin Water) that has 0 calories, fat, sugar, etc. and uses no aspartame. It's delicious, so if you're looking for something bubbly try that!

pGOmE.gif
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

You cited it as evidence... I'm not doing your research.

lol im sorry you cant figure out how to listen to a podcast. :D
  • kaseyAnne425
    kaseyAnne425 Posts: 230
    Options

pGOmE.gif

???
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is full of artificial sweeteners (sugar turns into fat). Aspartame (found in most diet sodas) is TERRIBLE for you!

Sugar does not turn into fat. Eating sugar while in a calorie deficit will not lead to any fat gain.

And there is no real proof, on humans that sweeteners are bad for us... stop believing every little scare mongering article that is published.