Nothing working, close to despair

Options

Replies

• muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Please dear..... do not despair :) things take time be patient. What works is eating nurturing foods in a slight calorie deficit!! Without banning certain food types so you are suffering .. please dear do not quit just stay and keep pushing till you start seeing results :) best wishes <3
  • ckfromedmonton
    ckfromedmonton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do weigh and measure my food. Good scale good measuring cups. I have been trying to follow the food plan from food adduct's annonynous just because it's easy. 1 oz oats, 6 oz fruit, 3 oz Greek yogurt for breakfast and both lunch and dinner require 4 oz animal protein, 6 oz veg and 6 oz cooked veg 1 tbs olive oil 1 tbs balsamic. Switch up veg and meat.

Sometimes I have scrambled eggs for lunch with salad. Sometimes I go to friends snd don't bring my food scale so I have to guess.

It's boring but I don't mind too much. The macros make it fairly high fat (40%) but that's the olive oil. 30 protein, 30 carbs.

I add apple and sometimes almond butter for snack and drink coffee with cream and sometimes a glass of wine but that doesn't put me over.

I am 5' 2.5" 131 lbs. so yes, healthy weight; it's for sure vanity driving this. But I am Apple shape so no clothes fit.

I am not tired or light headed.

Ok won't despair. Thanks everyone, I'll keep you posted.

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Do you weigh and measure ALL of your food? You say you weigh and measure most, then you say you weigh and measure food. And then you mention measuring cups. That tells me you're not being a hundred percent accurate and that is the most likely culprit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • xperiencerage
    xperiencerage Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Fasted cardio and "the fat burning zone" are both myths, similar to unicorns.[/quote]

[quote="Packerjohn;37720252"

It works for me love. Can't call it myth if it works.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing a lot of things correct: i.e., weighing your food using a food scale. You have a good food regimen in place that is split pretty evenly among your macronutrients. I hope your naturopath helps you figure out if there is some other issue that is blocking your success.

The only thing I might suggest (and I believe others have on this thread) is maybe working with your personal trainer to come up with another plan. Maybe, increasing your strength training from 2x a week, to 3-4 days a week? You're at a great weight for your height that it might just be losing some stubborn body fat and adding on more lean muscle which will help you achieve your goals.

Good luck!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    You are my height and goal weight...maybe instead of focusing on losing weight, you should move your calories closer to maintenance and do recomp. You'll LOOK leaner and be stronger and healthier. that's all that matters, right?
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Great book out, "Eat More to Weight Less," which focuses on amping up your metabolism.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Great book out, "Eat More to Weight Less," which focuses on amping up your metabolism.

I think you mean "ramping" but the only thing that I know of that actually does that are things like DNP and I highly recommend you don't even try to find it. DNP absolutely will increase your metabolism, which is really just the net of the chemical transformations in your body, and the proof of that is that it raises your temperature. Oh, and it's so effective at that, in fact, that an overdose will actually "cook" you alive from the inside. Not a pleasant way to die, which explains why it was banned for human consumption years ago.

It's not your metabolism that is the issue, it's the balance of energy you have consumed and expended during the day that is the issue unless you have been diagnosed with a metabolic disorder, which is usually thyroid related, but even then you can still lose weight even if it's a lot harder.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    The thing to bear in mind is that losing fat when you're already at a healthy weight isn't just unnecessary, it's also really difficult. For good reason. I really think you should consider all this advice on strength training and recomping instead of losing weight, I believe it can help with clothing fit as well as appearance.
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My stress is ok, see a shrink have been seeing him for 8 years.

Check to see if it could be medications you are taking. Paroxetine (Paxil) is an antidepressant that is horrible for weight gain. Wellbutrin, on the other hand, does not inhibit weight loss. I found this out through Google (my friend). It seems that Paxil is hugely sedating and causes a person to use less energy when resting than what is normally used.
  • Da_Junk
    Da_Junk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You should definitely add a cheat day once a week and monitor that. My hunch is your body has adapted to your extreme diet and approach. Afraid to let weight go. Just my two cents for what its worth
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 239 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You could try adjusting your macros. Decrease carbs and increase fats. I'm 5' 2" as well... I do 15g carb, 113g fat and 52g protein which is 1285 calories. I work to meet the protein, go under on the carb and hit at least 80% of the fat macro. Alcohol... only a couple of glasses at the weekend and I don't do sugar. Perhaps a change will give your body a kick. Google ketogenic eating and see what you think..... I think you may need more calories, not less. Under 1200 on a daily basis with exercise is not sustainable. Your body probably thinks it's starving!
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Everyone is telling you that you aren't logging correctly well I have a different perspective.. have you ever heard of metabolic adaption? most of the time if someone is on such a restricted number of calories and exercising with no loss that is the case.. The only way to fix it is to gradually increase (I am talking 30 - 50 calories a week) until your metabolism gets used to the increase of food.

I am sure your body requires more than 1100 calories a day to function, especially with the exercise. Think about it, if you are stuck on 1100 where will you go? 800? then what when your body gets used to that?! I prefer to keep myself at around 2000 so when I want to shred I can go to 1700, not 1200
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    jolive7 wrote: »
    Everyone is telling you that you aren't logging correctly well I have a different perspective.. have you ever heard of metabolic adaption? most of the time if someone is on such a restricted number of calories and exercising with no loss that is the case.. The only way to fix it is to gradually increase (I am talking 30 - 50 calories a week) until your metabolism gets used to the increase of food.

I am sure your body requires more than 1100 calories a day to function, especially with the exercise. Think about it, if you are stuck on 1100 where will you go? 800? then what when your body gets used to that?! I prefer to keep myself at around 2000 so when I want to shred I can go to 1700, not 1200

Tha makes zero sense. If metabolic adaption existed the way you say it does [I believe in it, but in a different way], then how do anorexics end up with bmi's of 11 and 12?