Wanna Be Friends - Or Not

Options
Domino_75
Domino_75 Posts: 373 Member
So we've established MFP is supposed to be about fitness and getting healthy. We've also established that some people need more friends and support to encourage them. You see so many threads about adding friends or people saying they will accept a friend request. My question to all of you is - What causes you to send a friend request? If someone is asking for friends, what is the thought process behind saying "Add Me" instead of you just sending the friend request?

Replies

• 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    because of some stupid mind problem I struggle sending out FR's. makes no sense.
  • Domino_75
    Domino_75 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just assume anyone who creates a thread specifically to tell people to add them is very attention seeking...and lazy.

I would agree with you, however, if you aren't adding from an "Add Me" thread, what would cause you to send a friend request to anyone?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I typically don't sent friend requests but if i do it's because I've interacted and have some mutual friends or some mutual interests.
    as for the add me thread people I think they just aren't discerning and want lots of friends because as with many things it's size that matters (to some),
  • synchkat
    Options
    I don't friend lists that way. there are lots of fun things that happen on walls that are fun to participate in. It's a way to get to know people a little more and in a group atmosphere. I think it's nice having a friend list and that sort of network
  • bloodblackstone
    bloodblackstone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If your vegan. You might want vegan friends. Ifbuiur a stay at home mum..... you might want stay at home friends. If your doing IF... you might want IF friends etc
  • synchkat
    Options
    I would like to add I'm a little disappointed I didn't receive at least one FR from this thread.

maybe they're waiting to interact before sending the requests
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I would like to add I'm a little disappointed I didn't receive at least one FR from this thread.

We all knew you'd ignore it anyways.
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Profanity will never lose it's luster for me.
    Zero fvcks given.

Any taken? just taking a poll....

• PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    nope nada... here either
  • _Sugar_interrupted
    Options
    Domino_75 wrote: »
    I just assume anyone who creates a thread specifically to tell people to add them is very attention seeking...and lazy.

I would agree with you, however, if you aren't adding from an "Add Me" thread, what would cause you to send a friend request to anyone?

I will only send someone a friend request if I've interacted with them in the forums for a certain period of time. That time is directly proportional to how awesome I think their posts are.

Or if they participate in hump day.

This.

But... It's how I decide if I am going to accept or not.

In my 2ish years here, I've sent maybe 7FRs.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I have the coolest people ever on my friends list - I sometimes think they know more about my life then my real life friends do.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    My friends list is big, but I LOVE every one of them! I'm thinking I only asked one or two, the rest asked me, and unless there's a reason, I don't say no...but they are all wonderful, supportive, LIKE-MINDED peeps!