Diet Destroyers!

Options

Replies

• knityoupants
    knityoupants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Rich, delicious beer... I'm talking like 250 calorie a pint or more.

Also, I don't know if this counts, but anything free! Stuff like bread baskets, bar peanuts, big portions when I'm a guest at dinners... I don't know what mental gymnastics I'm doing, but if it's front of me and I didn't pay for or prepare it, I immediately want to eat it all.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    ice cream. Finally stopping it has helped the scale move.
  • danivee33
    danivee33 Posts: 33
    Options
    RICE... I could have loads of it.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Sugary cereals! I can munch forever. I have a lot of trouble portioning it out.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It's actually a behavior for me: not getting enough to eat during the day. Means I come home from work starving and make a determined attempt to fit the entire contents of my pantry into my mouth. I actually didn't figure out what was happening until I started logging and realized how little I was eating during the /entire day/. Now I make sure I've got a big enough lunch and keep snacks (almonds, fresh fruit, yogurt, cheese sticks, granola) on hand in my desk or in the fridge.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Cereal. It's the only thing I intentionally 86'd out of my life. At one point I tried buying a box and made it two days before I ate the whole thing in nearly one sitting.

Not sure what it is about cereal. I just can't do it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wine would be the closest thing. Or Cheetos. Any type of chips and dip, really. Though, since I've lost and maintained the loss, I guess nothing has really destroyed my diet.
  • Sedna_51
    Options
    Cereal. It's the only thing I intentionally 86'd out of my life. At one point I tried buying a box and made it two days before I ate the whole thing in nearly one sitting.

Not sure what it is about cereal. I just can't do it.

whyyyyyyy is cereal so wretchedly delicious?! Golden Grahams, you are my crunchy downfall.
  • Sedna_51
    Options
    I should say that I have heavily restricted crackers in my pantry, because they tend to become vehicles for high-volume peanut butter delivery.
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Cant just eat one slice, or two, or three. Its too yummy. I also have a hard time around fresh baked cookies
  • BethieB76
    BethieB76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fattening, fried, or sweet. I'm screwed!!
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Doesn't matter the kind but I prefer raw & unsalted at least. I will have 2+ servings if I don't pay attention. It's a nutty nutty world, I'm just nuts for nuts! (Daria anyone?)
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My diet destroyer is too much cardio. Sometimes I'm so tired, and eating perks me right up.

haha

Although I have maintained for 30 months, waking up at midnight and not getting back to sleep without eating drives me crazy. Finally a shrink said go with it, you must need the food:huh:
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    First I HAVE to stop reading... this post is killing me.

Second - croutons. I buy a bag "just to eat on a salad" - open up and eat a few - maybe on a salad maybe telling myself it's just a little snack - then BAM - the empty bag is in my hand and I'm staring at some TV show I don't even watch.

Macaroni and cheese - even the kind in the box with the orange powdery cheese - that may be my worst one. I can't even make it. I've gotten up from bed to eat the rest of the leftovers cold.

Tortilla chips - especially with salsa - whole bag thing again.

Bacon - only cook what I will eat - cause I'll eat what I cooked.

There are starches/sugars I can stop easily - cake. Not a fan usually. Cupcakes - I can take or leave.

Burgers - I just have a hard time making the order come out of my mouth for a small one instead of the megalith super quadruple pound burger. And no, it doesn't fit my plan unless the rest of the day is lettuce and celery. There's no working in the giganti burger for me right now. Maybe the small ones - but for some reason when confronted with the "welcome to burger joint usa. Order when you are ready" voice I order the megalith burger combo. I'm working on it -
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thin, crisypy, salty tortilla chips! I think I'm going to eat one serving, then it turns into three servings. Disappointment.

That said, I've learned to diagnose what my body is really craving (sugar = protein; fatty snacks [cookies, chips, pop tarts...] = healthy fats) and give it that instead. Upping my protein has really curbed my carb cravings. Upping fats (avocados, olives or olive oil, almonds or peanuts,...) does a moderately good job of curbing the fat cravings BUT ONLY if I make sure to have fats all throughout the day. If I wait til dinner to have my first healthy fat of the day, then it takes all I have in me not to put my face into a bag of chips by 7p.
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    Seems to me it's salt!!!! If I eat anything with too much sodium the scale is going up 5-10 lbs!!! I am going through this right now. Constant ups and downs....trying to get it under control.....I am thinking maybe I need a new battery for my scale too!!! We shall see!!!!
  • brasilianbutterfly
    Options
    Snickers bar :(
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    cereal. one bowl is NEVER enough.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Oreos
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Carbs, bad carbs like ice cream, bread, crackers etc. Evil, evil carbs.