Lefty's Corner and Support Group

Options
STLBADGIRL
STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
Hello my fellow Lefty's. I've noticed that we are coming up in the world, but still most things are made for right handed peeps. I get frustrated at least once a day. So please feel free to post your frustrations that you experience daily living in this right handed world here. Lets support each other - hell the Righty's do! I will go first....

Clasp on necklace made for a right handed person....

My necklace that I put on this morning took me 15 minutes to put on because the clasp is made for a right handed person. So when I initially put it on, the design was facing the wrong way!!!! Arggggh. And for me to try and put it on with my right hand took forever!!!! BS

Your turn - Go!

Replies

• PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I too am ambidextrous, and do lost of stuff with my left hand. I just switch to the right when I need to do something, only righty's can do..
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    I amambidextrous too....but my dominate hand is the right hand. I only to a few things with my right that I cannot do with my left. Like cut with scissors and throw. I shoot darts, bowl, eat, and everything else with my left.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    I still open the refrigerator and cabintets from the wrong side. Uggh
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    I flip the magazine from the back to the front first....
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I'm a righty but I skate left handed. Since most things are made up for right handed skaters I feel your pain. Everything's just a little bit harder
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    Hello my fellow Lefty's. I've noticed that we are coming up in the world, but still most things are made for right handed peeps. I get frustrated at least once a day. So please feel free to post your frustrations that you experience daily living in this right handed world here. Lets support each other - hell the Righty's do! I will go first....

Clasp on necklace made for a right handed person....

My necklace that I put on this morning took me 15 minutes to put on because the clasp is made for a right handed person. So when I initially put it on, the design was facing the wrong way!!!! Arggggh. And for me to try and put it on with my right hand took forever!!!! BS

Your turn - Go!
    I've done that/had that problem. I've also noticed that the designs on coffee cups are best seen by righties, and that trying to switch to my right hand if asked is impossible! If I think of anything else, I'll be back.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »

I had to even think how a person could do that.

I think that might be a mental thing like dyslexia but in the form of motor skills or processing?

It also effects things, if you are ambidextrous, because you don't have a dominant side of your brain. this effects things like reading, math, opening books, etc. Its all related. Some blokes like me are dyslexic too because of it, I flip letters and numbers all the time.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    The desk at school was made for right handed people. I would have to twist and write to the side...wtf! I hated this shyt.. Where is the love?

4y1ncadwoph4.jpg
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm a lefty.

I refuse to write in pencil.
    It took 6 months to get an inside waistband left handed gun holster.

No one loves the lefties. :(
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options

I think that might be a mental thing like dyslexia but in the form of motor skills or processing?

LOL.... You are funny. A lot of lefty's that I know do the same thing.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    I'm a lefty.

I refuse to write in pencil.
    It took 6 months to get an inside waistband left handed gun holster.

No one loves the lefties. :(

Oh, the pencil. I have switched to pens that are geared for leftys. The ink dries really fast to prevent smearing.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    PowerMan40 wrote: »

It also effects things, if you are ambidextrous, because you don't have a dominant side of your brain. this effects things like reading, math, opening books, etc. Its all related. Some blokes like me are dyslexic too because of it, I flip letters and numbers all the time.
    I am Ambidextrous but what I was quoting was not normal behaviors just because of that status. There is more to reading a book backwards and opening a frig that way when you know it is more difficult across your body.

I don't read books backwards...I read magazines from the back to the front. I can thumb through articles at my leisure and its comfy for me that way.....
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    sdpmzc1237n2.jpg
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Another thing that is irritating is logo belt buckles. I loop my belt to the left first...and with an logo buckle the words will be up side down. This landed a couple of embarrassing moments....lol
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    epr3996 wrote: »
    I'm a Lefty living and dealing with it in a righty world.
    Book printer by day using shared computers so no changing it to be lefty friendly.
    UPS trailer loader at night so I have to wear the handheld scanner upside down in order to scan packages.

The only people who give the lefties some love are other lefties!

@epr3996 I agree. The only ones that give lefties love is other lefties..... That has to be a bummer wearing it upside down....
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    msco3xi5ruah.jpg
    th.jpg 11.5K
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That picture gives me rage. :D
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    I was so happy when they came out with this - The Lefty Notebook. This is part of the reason I read the magazine from back to front.... wa3wdp97h9ty.jpg
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    arsydklqfwx5.jpg I found the solution for yall. FYI I have one child who is lefty. They tried and tried to change it in grade school and failed.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    msco3xi5ruah.jpg
    This drove me nuts. I mean bonkers. While I should have been concentrating in school...I was pissed and struggling to get comfy. Right handed desk and right handed notebook, and the smearing of the pencil on your hand and sleeve.....ugh
    That picture gives me rage. :D

Right.... High five.