Let Me See That...Puppy!

Options
peaceout_aly
peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
Today will be a long, busy day at work (that didn't start with my morning gym and coffee routine) followed by my S.O. being out of town for a good portion of the next week due to business travel. Needless to say...I'm in need of a pick-me up. And as a puppy lover, I figured what better way to get a smile (and maybe spread some smiles, too) other than start a puppy thread!

Share your dog photo/s and even a little story about them if you want. I'll start!

v5b76dmv01hu.jpg

Peyote Bella (a.k.a Ote) is a 4 lb., 5 y.o. Chihuahua. Got her when I moved out at seventeen and she's been my best friend ever since. She goes everywhere with me - literally. My hope is to have her travel to all 50 states, if I ever get around to doing that. She's been to Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. and North Carolina so far.

95buhubg0nxr.jpg

Dutch Stark is a 130 lb., 10 month old Bullmastiff (who will probably end up at around 180 lbs.) and is a gentle giant. He adores going to the dog park and playing with the neighborhood kids! (Also, myself, my S.O. and his brother are total nerds and made our dogs an Instagram - @oteanddutch)

Replies

• PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Today will be a long, busy day at work (that didn't start with my morning gym and coffee routine) followed by my S.O. being out of town for a good portion of the next week due to business travel. Needless to say...I'm in need of a pick-me up. And as a puppy lover, I figured what better way to get a smile (and maybe spread some smiles, too) other than start a puppy thread!

Share your dog photo/s and even a little story about them if you want. I'll start!

v5b76dmv01hu.jpg

Peyote Bella (a.k.a Ote) is a 4 lb., 5 y.o. Chihuahua. Got her when I moved out at seventeen and she's been my best friend ever since. She goes everywhere with me - literally. My hope is to have her travel to all 50 states, if I ever get around to doing that. She's been to Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. and North Carolina so far.

95buhubg0nxr.jpg

Dutch Stark is a 130 lb., 10 month old Bullmastiff (who will probably end up at around 180 lbs.) and is a gentle giant. He adores going to the dog park and playing with the neighborhood kids! (Also, myself, my S.O. and his brother are total nerds and made our dogs an Instagram - @oteanddutch)

Oh my god you have a bully..... lol ok Ill have to get pictures tonight, I have English mastiffs. They are the best dogs I have ever had..
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    My dog has an Instagram too! Lol it's the only Instagram I've ever made.

Charlie is part chihuahua and part pug (a chug). He was part of an accidental litter and all the puppies were sold. But his owners brought him back after a few weeks saying he didn't "look enough like a pug".

My friends called, asked if I wanted a dog (or he'd be going to the shelter), and I don't really like chihuahuas but I thought I'd go look anyway because puppies!

The way she handed him to me made it so that I was cradling him like a baby. He licked my face and that was it I was in love lol

vtvnypsamjkv.jpeg

6mdkpeqhunpq.jpeg

@peaceout_aly btw I love that you have like the biggest and the smallest dog :lol:

OMG A CHUG. That is an adorable breed! What a freakin' sweetie
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    PowerMan40 wrote: »
    lko5t0uszvng.jpg
    This is Moto, @ 160lbs, he is a 1 year 4 months old now and cloase to 200lbs

tkwhsshwppfj.jpg

This is Moto, Hannah, and Gwen at our dining room table.

Are they Bullmastiffs or English Mastiffs? All so squishable!
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    My little buddy, Bison. Yep, he has an Instagram. He is a morkie. Half Maltese and half Yorkie.

I knew Bison would end up on here! :love:
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    lko5t0uszvng.jpg

tkwhsshwppfj.jpg

These are all English mastiffs, I breed them, they are AKC registered. I recently got to Brindled females to add to the family.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    My little buddy, Bison. Yep, he has an Instagram. He is a morkie. Half Maltese and half Yorkie.

I knew Bison would end up on here! :love:

Of course :)
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    lko5t0uszvng.jpg

tkwhsshwppfj.jpg

These are all English mastiffs, I breed them, they are AKC registered. I recently got to Brindled females to add to the family.

Oh wow! Our boy is AKC registered (we got him from Jenkins Family Bullmastiffs in FL, they have Bullmastiffs, English Mastiffs and French Bulldogs) but we'll probably never show him. He's too lazy haha
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    7amj17nr4alo.jpg
    jzjypswhkth4.jpg

There are my *kitten*-holes. Ha ha. The black on is named Apex, and we believe she's some form of American Bully/Pitbull Terrier. We got her as a rescue last February for my spouse's birthday. She's a bit dog aggressive, and is pretty scarred up, but loves people and we're working on her socialization. She lives for balls, bike rides, and snuggles with her dad.

The white and black one is The Dude, or El Duderino if you're not into that brevity stuff, and has been with me for a year (also rescued from California). We believe that he's an american staffordshire Terrier/Blue Heeler mix... but there's no way to really know. He's definitely my dog, and goes with me as often as I can take him. He has some anxiety issues, so we work on that. He loves food and belly rubs more than anything else in the world. We call him Pancake sometimes, because if we're trying to get him to do something he doesn't like, he lays flat as he can (like a pancake).

If we get any more dogs, I'm desperate for a corgi, although my eldest daughter would sell a kidney for a French bulldog/pug cross (a frug?). But the ratio of pounds of dog to square footage of the house is pretty maxed out as it is... although every time I see any bully puppy I lose my crap and ask if we can have him/her.

They look like they love adventuring with you! Perfect athletic pups. I can totally relate to the square footage of the house being maxed out - we're actually in the process of selling our current home and buying a large one...mostly because of the always growing Dutch. LOL
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    5yxaxf606fxt.jpg
    Tac.jpg 46.2K
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    5yxaxf606fxt.jpg

Aw the baby!!! How old?!