Pet Peeves!

Replies

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Dating apps. Dating in general. Males. Males I like not liking me.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited February 2017
    Being thirsty. Like I can't seem to quench this thirst. I may have gotten into some salty snacks. But damn this thirst!

@littlemissbgiff here, you go! I make, Iced Latte's by; the mixing bowl full lol! :D

c9qvekhakzk0.jpg
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Having to work at work and losing a whole day of goofing off on the Interwebz.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    jnichel wrote: »
    Having to work at work and losing a whole day of goofing off on the Interwebz.

Was wondering where you were yesterday!

I was retrieving and dumping 3 years worth of call data into a database so that the VPs can run reports against it and have nice pretty graphs. It's like they don't even want me to have an Internet social life. ;)
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    The way my dog drinks her water. She just makes a mess an drools everywhere. sloppy *kitten*
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited February 2017
    Women that tell other women what their bodies should look like.

There was some *kitten* talking about Beyoncé and how 'that's not how you look when you're pregnant with twins' etc etc.
    Guess what honey. People carry pregnancies differently. Not everyone gains weight or looks like you did.
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    I know I probably smack when I eat, but I hate hearing other people do it.
    • People who say, "Have a bless day!" (That ED feels so discarded and unloved!)
    • All the people who use literally in every sentence -- incorrectly. They literally have no clue what this word means.
    • People who see you waiting to get something off the shelf in the grocery store and then take their sweet time BLOCKING THE ENTIRE SECTION WITH THEIR BODY/CART. What's worse, I had one lady give me a dirty look because I just had to give up and say, "Can I get in here? Excuse me," and then reached into her bubble to get what I needed. I guess she wanted me to wait all day while she decided the perfect BOGO cheese configuration.
    • I love old people, but being behind them in a checkout line can be the absolute worst if you are in a hurry. I try to be understanding; they are from a time where people weren't in such a rush. You took time to talk to the clerk, even after you've paid and your groceries are bagged. I get it, so I rage inwardly and look polite on the outside.
    • I am always the one to get pushed into awkwardness when trying to walk on a sidewalk with three people. I don't know how this happens, and it annoys the crap out of me. Awkwardtown: population me.
    • People who don't use turn signals. Everyone just slowly drifts in your lane around here -- it's like a tire at a time. It makes me super paranoid, because every time someone gets close to the line I am like, "Are you getting in here? Do you want in on this? What are you doing dude?"
  • jbirdgreen
    This is from when I used to date, but I hate when guys stare at me and don't say anything. Like not just the standard 10 second, "Do I know this person?" evaluation, but like a lingering stare that follows you around for a good ten minutes. Like you are walking around the mall or the store and you can just feel their eyes on you; you even look up occasionally, and see them staring. Even now I hate it, because I'm self-conscious and awkward enough without an audience.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    jbirdgreen wrote: »
    This is from when I used to date, but I hate when guys stare at me and don't say anything. Like not just the standard 10 second, "Do I know this person?" evaluation, but like a lingering stare that follows you around for a good ten minutes. Like you are walking around the mall or the store and you can just feel their eyes on you; you even look up occasionally, and see them staring. Even now I hate it, because I'm self-conscious and awkward enough without an audience.

I have to admit, I will stare at you. For long periods of time. Good thing is, you wont know im doing it. Ill be in bushes or hiding somewere..... Have a good day!!!!
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen wrote: »

I have to admit, I will stare at you. For long periods of time. Good thing is, you wont know im doing it. Ill be in bushes or hiding somewere..... Have a good day!!!!

Thanks for the nightmare fuel, I appreciate it.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    People who suddenly speed up when you're approaching them on the highway - and then proceed to slow down around curves, up hills, while approaching another vehicle they're about to pass etc... all places you would have held your speed constant.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    People that are dressed like pirates but aren't talking like pirates.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    people who call your cell and house numbers and are too ignorant to leave a message... or at least a send text.
  • FitOneSoon
    FitOneSoon Posts: 467 Member
    When someone cleans my organized clutter.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Stupid threads
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Living in NoVA, all of my pet peeves fall around drivers. The list is so long....
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    When driving, with the right of way, (green light , straight ahead) and someone turns in front of you and you have to break quickly...wt heck...if I have to slam on my breaks, you didn't have enough time to make your dumb *kitten* turn..happens too frequently to me (and I do the speed limit)
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    haha got my first censor, for dumb "a s s"
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Idiots blasting their music full volume in public, disturbing the peacefulness of the hiking trails at my local nature preserve. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's obnoxious as hell because it carries throughout the canyons and across the valley. Triple bonus peeve points if it's country music. Something about country music especially makes me want to punch a wall. :s
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Stupid threads

Ugh. Why are those stupid "Would you date/kiss/kill zombies with the previous poster?" threads ALWAYS clogging up the feeds? Are they THAT popular? You'd think that crap would get old after the first 15 million responses.

P.S. No offense if you're one of those posters... :*