Pet Peeves!

Options

Replies

• TAKCEGM
    TAKCEGM Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    beating around the bush.... Say what you want to *kitten* say. Be direct

This! I appreciate when someone is straight forward.

This gets me into trouble far too often.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    mjaykup wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    kwph wrote: »
    Inconsiderate people,who don't acknowledge when ya hold a door open 4 them & im like "Ya know I'm not a doorman here!!" ...or "Ur welcome!!" ...Or when ya let someone pull out in traffic & ya let them go & they don't even give that "Thank U" wave & then I turn into the Hulk!

How about when people hold the door and you're still 20ft away so you have to do a little sprint..

I admit that I try to be polite and hold doors. I don't know how far away is too far, it's hard to judge sometimes. I don't want to appear rude and have it slam shut right as they get there.

Yep. And then if you hesitate a second too long you pretty much have to stand there and hold it or you will be a jerk. So basically if I can see another human I will stand there and hold it. Lol. I don't feel like they should run though, that is on them if they feel the need to hurry up a bit.

This makes me feel as if you have never been on the other side of this. Do people open doors for you?

Open? No.

Slam? Everyday.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Inconsiderate people,who don't acknowledge when ya hold a door open 4 them & im like "Ya know I'm not a doorman here!!" ...or "Ur welcome!!" ...Or when ya let someone pull out in traffic & ya let them go & they don't even give that "Thank U" wave & then I turn into the Hulk!

How about when people hold the door and you're still 20ft away so you have to do a little sprint..

I admit that I try to be polite and hold doors. I don't know how far away is too far, it's hard to judge sometimes. I don't want to appear rude and have it slam shut right as they get there.

Yep. And then if you hesitate a second too long you pretty much have to stand there and hold it or you will be a jerk. So basically if I can see another human I will stand there and hold it. Lol. I don't feel like they should run though, that is on them if they feel the need to hurry up a bit.

This makes me feel as if you have never been on the other side of this. Do people open doors for you?

Open? No.

Slam? Everyday.

Open? No.

Slam? Everyday.

Door salesmen?

nope.... just an everyday schmuck
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Yes, and I rush to it, but that is just how I am. I also hand strangers at Taco Bell straws and lids for their cups and help people find things at the grocery store. I helped a lady look for her grandson's shoe on Sunday. I am a wack job

wack job? nah.... you're just old skool midwest (we're of the same tribe).

I've tried to make an effort ,of late, to slow down a bit and enjoy myself.

Helping others, no matter how trivial, has small rewards.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Yes, and I rush to it, but that is just how I am. I also hand strangers at Taco Bell straws and lids for their cups and help people find things at the grocery store. I helped a lady look for her grandson's shoe on Sunday. I am a wack job

wack job? nah.... you're just old skool midwest (we're of the same tribe).

I've tried to make an effort ,of late, to slow down a bit and enjoy myself.

Helping others, no matter how trivial, has small rewards.

Karma!

.... and I can use all that I can scrounge up too!
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Is this a midwesterner thing? Because that would confuse the hell out of me and I'd think it was a trap

sometimes it is...

like for you

yes, I would trap you

like in a revolving door

or something
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    answering a question with a question..... Answer the damn question!!!!
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    "Significant others" who aren't as inquisitive about me as I am about them.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Negative people who are constantly complaining or whining about one thing or another.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Haters in the games forums that feel it necessary to skip everyone above them so they can reply to everything any woman says to them...

Extra lame points for those dudes that reply with a sad face or a "why not?"... These people are just playing to win I guess lol...
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    When you tell them "no onions" but they will still go ahead and put onions on your *kitten*.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Haters in the games forums that feel it necessary to skip everyone above them so they can reply to everything any woman says to them...

Extra lame points for those dudes that reply with a sad face or a "why not?"... These people are just playing to win I guess lol...

Women do it too. That's when you call them out.
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    Venal and apathetic doctors who became doctors for the money; not because they care about and want to help people.