Who should text first after a hookup?

Options

Replies

• STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there are rules though. Men made it like that.

He should strike first.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    No, there are not rules. If you do something the man doesn't like, and he doesn't date you because of it, it's not because you broke an imaginary rule. It's because you are not what he wants. Trying to play along to some bs notion of "rules" is manipulative at best. Be yourself and do what you want. Either he will like you or he won't. Better to find out sooner than later.

Well he should text/call and state that.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »

Yeah, otherwise she might be herself and him not like it then not want to see her. Can't have that. She needs to know that she can only be herself if that's what he is looking for. Otherwise, gotta try to be what he wants.

triple-facepalm-picard-812-885446250752005792.jpg
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »

Yeah, otherwise she might be herself and him not like it then not want to see her. Can't have that. She needs to know that she can only be herself if that's what he is looking for. Otherwise, gotta try to be what he wants.

triple-facepalm-picard-812-885446250752005792.jpg

hahaha funny. I agree that there shouldn't be a rule or any games played....but the truth is 99% of the time the game is played when you first meet a person. And I NEVER suggested that she should be what he wants...that's why I can't entertain these conversations. Stuff is always added.
  • fitbisi
    fitbisi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    There shouldn't be criteria as to who text first, it's about if you felt the chemistry and you are interested, go ahead, forget pride or the fact that you are a female or a male.

Also depends on what you text about :)
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    dang, if "she" texted me first instead of calling... I probably wouldn't even respond. LOL, a text is so personal after a hook up. Guess I am showing my age but that is just me.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    dang, if "she" texted me first instead of calling... I probably wouldn't even respond. LOL, a text is so personal after a hook up. Guess I am showing my age but that is just me.

Well I don't desire, to potentially bother someone; if they might be busy!
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    if first hook up resulted in a walk of shame in the AM best to leave it alone if you're the girl. If he doesn't call it wasn't too good.

If you're a guy sure text so you can hit it again. Guy code.
  • benmullins4
    benmullins4 Posts: 678 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It's a hook up! Hit it and quit it. Smash and dash! Dip and slip. F-u-q and buck.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    W0rd
    It's a hook up! Hit it and quit it. Smash and dash! Dip and slip. F-u-q and buck.

But what if it was really good?? Never burn a bridge <-- good life lessons

• saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I dont think there are rules about who texts first, but if you choose to text first only text ONCE. Do not blow up his phone.
  • benmullins4
    Options

But what if it was really good?? Never burn a bridge <-- good life lessons

If it truly is a hook up, then both participants are in the mind set that it is such. If it is was mind blowing, there's no reason why it can't happen again. But you don't shoot out a text talking about the feelings that you caught. If treated as a hook up, no bridges shall be set aflame!
  • benmullins4
    Options
    Well then it shouldn't even be a question! You need your glow sticks and plan b is essential if you couldn't find a flight of stairs... :wink: