Post anything you want (as long as it follows MFP guidelines)

Options

Replies

• LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Everyone's had that one time in private trying to legitimately use the force on something.

ama77ib5fbqn.gif

<3 More than one.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    9vb9bg3dhpu7.jpg

idk but these are the most beautiful hands

@KyleGrace8 this is called bioluminescence. I just got back from the Grand Cayman Islands and took a night kayaking tour during which demonstrated the same effect. Organisms in the water light up when the water is stirred by your paddle or your hands. It is so bizarre and unique. The light runs off your hands exactly as shown in the picture.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    9vb9bg3dhpu7.jpg

@KyleGrace8 this is called bioluminescence. I just got back from the Grand Cayman Islands and took a night kayaking tour during which demonstrated the same effect. Organisms in the water light up when the water is stirred by your paddle or your hands. It is so bizarre and unique. The light runs off your hands exactly as shown in the picture.

Oh I thought it was just the lighting and the hands were a little red from cold or something. Bioluminescence isn't just blue? I've always wanted to swim in water like that.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    chopped-fire-wood.jpg

Hard wood??

Sheldon:
    'Wood for sheep?'
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    9vb9bg3dhpu7.jpg

Oh I thought it was just the lighting and the hands were a little red from cold or something. Bioluminescence isn't just blue? I've always wanted to swim in water like that.

I'm not sure about the red coloring on her hand but the blue/white spots are the bioluminescence effect. There are only a few bays around the world where the conditions are right for the organisms to thrive. My guide said a typical camera can typically not capture enough of the light so most tourists are not able to bring pictures back with them which leads me to think the posted pic was professionally taken. The kayak paddles produces a huge swirl of light all around in the water and is simply stunning to see.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • KyleGrace8
    Options
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    'Chants

4042671893_350c7c5d5f_o.jpg
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    hahahaha i actually told my friend to just keep taking pictures so...

Here are pictures of me hiking with my cat. That's right. viehwq3y65in.jpg
    kwb7poblzkme.png

did you get enough shots?

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    How does kitty like hiking?
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options

Actually he loves it!! i got him at only a few months old and I started him with a harness day one. Now we hike together all the time, either him walking on a leash or in his backpack!!
  • KyleGrace8
    Options

Actually he loves it!! i got him at only a few months old and I started him with a harness day one. Now we hike together all the time, either him walking on a leash or in his backpack!!

I soooooo want to do this when I get a cat!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    What did the left saggy boob say to the right saggy boob?

We better get some support around here or people will think we're nuts!
This discussion has been closed.