Post anything you want (as long as it follows MFP guidelines)

Options

Replies

• Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Putting in for time off to use the rest of my vacation days. Thinking about going to St. Augustine and visiting my grandparents. Been there a few times, but never to this hotel. Anyone been? It's beautiful. Built in 1888.

bce4t24a8fm7.jpg

I was there years ago. It is absolutely beautiful.
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    On my bucket list to go see, but can't decide where - Sweden, Finland, Norway or Iceland? Has anyone been?

d6lu2puat1t4.jpg
  • gottennis_2
    gottennis_2 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Marillian wrote: »
    On my bucket list to go see, but can't decide where - Sweden, Finland, Norway or Iceland? Has anyone been?

d6lu2puat1t4.jpg

I have been to Sweden and would go back in a heartbeat. What a beautiful country. I was there in the fall so it was rainy and cool but Stockholm was really cool!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    The islands of the Bahamas are situated on large depositional platforms—the Great and Little Bahama Banks—composed mainly of carbonate sediments ringed by reefs. The islands are the only parts of the platform currently exposed above sea level. The sediments were formed mostly from the skeletal remains of organisms settling to the sea floor; over geologic time, these sediments consolidated to form carbonate sedimentary rocks such as limestone.

This astronaut photograph provides a view of tidal flats and channels near Sandy Cay, on the western side of Long Island and along the eastern margin of the Great Bahama Bank. The continuously exposed parts of the island are brown, a result of soil formation and vegetation growth. To the north of Sandy Cay, an off-white tidal flat composed of carbonate sediments is visible; light blue-green regions indicate shallow water on the tidal flat. The tidal flow of seawater is concentrated through gaps in the land surface, leading to the formation of relatively deep channels that cut into the sediments. The channels and areas to the south of the island have a vivid blue color that indicates deeper water.

ISS026-E-005121.jpg
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I got a warning for my v-word post in the racist troll rant thread. You've got to be kidding me.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I got a warning for my v-word post in the racist troll rant thread. You've got to be kidding me.

maybe you should go to the confession thread.. it might help! lol
  • beagletracks
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Seems a little out of proportion considering all the truly mean and nasty posts made regularly and ignored. Oh well.
  • beagletracks
    edited January 2017
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Or maybe it's more of a first-world problem?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Or maybe it's more of a first-world problem?

You are on to something...lol

on a lighter side, it could be worse, you could have jail bars.. that's not so fun!
  • beagletracks
    Options
    Seems a little out of proportion considering all the truly mean and nasty posts made regularly and ignored. Oh well.

If it makes you feel any better, I got a warning for spelling the c word with a k one time

Jeez.
  • beagletracks
    edited January 2017
    Options

And weren't you just trying to get a mod's attention because no one was shutting down that thread?

Yep.

eta: it *was* a little sarcastic - but harmless
  • beagletracks
    edited January 2017
    Options

And weren't you just trying to get a mod's attention because no one was shutting down that thread?

Yep.

eta: it *was* a little sarcastic - but harmless

I thought it was brilliant

I thought your v-posts in the thread that got shut down earlier yesterday were hilarious and harmless... hence the sarcasm. I guess we should not criticize big brother, even subtly.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I thought we couldn't say it if it was used in a sexual way. Just saying the name of it isn't sexual.
This discussion has been closed.