Steel cut oats

Options
2»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I love them and regular oats and quinoa flakes as well. But I'll add my voice to the others saying that there's no need to eat what you don't like. There are plenty of other options out there, like buckwheat groats.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Rolled oats for me, I've never had steel cut ones before
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I find all oatmeal to be "meh". I find I need to add way too much brown sugar to make it worth it. So I don't eat oatmeal. Problem solved. There are no magical foods for weight loss. Moral of the story? Don't eat stuff you don't like.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I hate oats. If it's not in a cookie or meatloaf, I don't want it. I've happily lost 28 some odd lbs and never bothered with oats. You can get all the same nutrients elsewhere. There's nothing special or proprietary about steel cut oats as opposed to other foods. If you don't like them, don't eat them.

That being said, Joy of Cooking Meatloaf contains oats and it's the best nom on the planet and I'm happy to post the recipe for anyone who wants it (or you can check out my public diary and just copy it, I think I had the last of it a couple of days ago).
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Cooked properly they're awesome. Alton Brown had a show on preparation, Google it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    teddybar3 wrote: »
    I'm trying REALLY hard but I just can't find the love for these oats... How do you other people do it!?

Okay....find something you do like.. ;)

As for steel cut oats....love them with a passion. Soak them overnight and cook the next morning, add fruit and almond milk and.......mmmmmm, good!
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to eat them if you don't like them? There is nothing special about them, it's just food. Find alternatives you like and eat those. There are no food rules in regards to losing weight. Create a deficit with foods you enjoy and eat those.