Anything embarrassing ever happen to you while working out? Lol

Options
13»

Replies

• Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I've tripped myself up on the treadmill. Ive stumbled because I have a bad habit of trying to dance on the treadmill when a really good song comes on my headphones. :blush:
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    anl90 wrote: »
    anl90 wrote: »
    I'm still a n00b with the whole gym scene, so sometimes I've tried to use a machine, cannot figure it out and just leave it to try another one. That's kind of embarrassing...lol

Luckily, I go after midnight, so it's typically dead. So I don't get embarrassed, really.

How about asking an employee, for help? Everyone was once a beginner & didn't know how to use the equipment; it isn't common sense & much of what we consider, to be common sense; is actually taught to us at some point! I've never been to a gym myself & thus have no experience, with commercial grade equipment. I'd go straight to customer service & tell them that, I have no clue; how to use the equipment & if no 1 helps me, you might have to replace broken equipment; when I am done with it!
    It may seem stupid, but I am way too shy to ask for help. Where I go, there are multiple options, so it's not like a specific area is being neglected as a result. There have just been times when I thought I'd try something new, could figure the machine out and just moved on to what I knew lol. :)

Well on the bright side, some people're too shy; to even enter a gym but you aren't, so that's wonderful! :)
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine asked me to spot her on the bench a few weeks back, so i asked her if she wanted me to hold the bar on the way down or let go after the lift off.... she said hold on to it.. ok fine, but she dropped the bar that fast i boob punched her by accident:/, she found it pretty funny so it was all good lol,
  • AngeloInTexas
    AngeloInTexas Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A man next to me on treadmill had his headphones on very loud and I assume he thought he was letting silent farts go, but they were not silent, and they were deadly. It was awful lol
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    One of the first times I ever ventured into the free weight area I decided to try walking lunges with dumbbells. I had seen another lady do them and it looked pretty easy. I made it about 10 feet and then lost my balance and just fell over onto the floor (in front of a bunch of guys, of course). I didn't do that one again until I'd mastered it at home. :D
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Embarrassment while working out? You mean besides hiking in the woods... on the trail... needing to pee and thinking you're alone... being a girl and all... Yeah, not sure who was more embarrassed... lol
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    All of mine are pretty standard...farted in yoga (they don't call it "wind release pose" for no reason), realized my yoga pants were see-through when my husband pointed out he could see the pattern of my underwear through them, realized I had a strategically disadvantageous hole in a pair of yoga pants *after* class, wore too loose of a shirt and the class was practically upside down that day and no amount of tucking in was helping, broke an exercise band which went shooting across the room, phone fell and flew off the back of the treadmill, dripped sweat on someone else's step when we were doing exercises that traveled across the room.

Seriously, so many things that I cannot even be bothered to be embarrassed anymore!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Embarrassment while working out? You mean besides hiking in the woods... on the trail... needing to pee and thinking you're alone... being a girl and all... Yeah, not sure who was more embarrassed... lol

I love hiking but man, as a woman it can really suck.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    One time I kicked back the dumbbells too hard on flat bench and I fell off. Lol.

Miss loaded hammer strength machines several times.

Loud farts during deads. (I usually powerlift at home tho).

Good times.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Aside from the usual farts and half-boners, no.

I use my complex's fitness room and I was in there yesterday alone. A woman walked in while I was doing goblet squats and walked towards one of the two treadmills, stopped, looked at me and pointed at the treadmill. I finished my set and took out my earbuds to see what she wanted.

"Are you using this?" she asked.
    "Uh, no. Go ahead"
    "So those aren't yours?"

I look and there was a pair of reading glasses on the treadmill. Maybe she thought I was marking my territory.

So I say "nope, didn't even see them until you pointed them out"

She walks over, picks them up, shakes her head and says "Oh...these are mine. I left them here yesterday."
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This really has nothing to with working out accept it is involving protein farts. I was in the grocery store aout 3 places back in line and I just couldn't hold it anymore. So I let a cloud of death loose. I knew that I had been particularly toxic that day but I had no idea that I could manufacture such a thing. The cashier starts picking up packages of meat and smelling them then she yells over to the next line "Check the meat I can smell rotten meat." I believe looking back that was the first time in our marriage that my wife told me that she hated me.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    lsutton484 wrote: »
    This really has nothing to with working out accept it is involving protein farts. I was in the grocery store aout 3 places back in line and I just couldn't hold it anymore. So I let a cloud of death loose. I knew that I had been particularly toxic that day but I had no idea that I could manufacture such a thing. The cashier starts picking up packages of meat and smelling them then she yells over to the next line "Check the meat I can smell rotten meat." I believe looking back that was the first time in our marriage that my wife told me that she hated me.

Oh my God, I have tears running down my face on this one!
  • lilstry
    lilstry Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yup, got *kitten* slapped by the treadmill
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    lsutton484 wrote: »

Oh my God, I have tears running down my face on this one!

Lol me too hahaha