best exercise for losing a flabby belly

Options
I am looking for advice on how to get rid of a saggy flabby belly. I'm just not sure where to start. If anyone hs any suggestions on what worked for them either exercise or best foods to eat to burn belly fat I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Unfortunately, we cannot spot reduce fat. We can work on strengthening and, with proper nutrition, building specific muscles. To lose fat on your stomach , eat in a caloric deficit, which means eating fewer calories than you burn. You can do that by eating less, moving more (all physical activity burns calories), or a combination.

To add to this, it would be beneficial to follow a good lifting program as a means to build/retain muscle mass (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1).

Also, not having a very aggressive deficit and having adequate protein will help preserve your muscle mass, which will make you leaner.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    jarelary4 wrote: »
    I am looking for advice on how to get rid of a saggy flabby belly. I'm just not sure where to start. If anyone hs any suggestions on what worked for them either exercise or best foods to eat to burn belly fat I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Eat at a deficit day in and day out until the saggy flabby belly is gone. Target losing 1/2 pound to a pound a week and allow yourself the discipline and time to watch it dissipate.

Any exercise that boosts your daily calorie burn to help with the deficit equation of CICO will be a bonus.

Best of luck. It takes time, discipline and want.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit. Though you can't do much for stretched skin unfortunately
  • pbandwine
    pbandwine Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    It's 90% diet, 10% gym
  • LindaRockhold
    LindaRockhold Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What if you can't do any of those exercises? And actually, there are other diets, not just fork put down, whatever.
    The thinnest people are the ones who advocate abstinence, in my experience. But excluding carbs and most importantly, sugar, are the two biggest helps I have found. There are exercises that help strengthen the stomach and back muscles (they work together).
    I hate the ads on this site, but an example of good ab exercises. Strengthen your core.
    Also search "stomach exercises" on YouTube, some good ones there!

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20664616,00.html#get-more-from-your-core-0
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The thinnest people are the ones who advocate abstinence, in my experience.

Sheesh. Talk about not worth it.

• CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    There isn't anything you can do to hit certain spots for fat loss. It's all just calorie deficit and the body will burn it off however it goes. Unfortunately the tummy is one of the last to go.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,614 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise more. Include cardio and strength. Make sure you are in a calorie deficit and get enough protein...
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    even though they don't shrink the waist, posture strengthening, standing crunches and good old fashioned touch your toes with opposite hand (forward bends) tone all around the area and make me feel tighter. Meanwhile back to vegs. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What if you can't do any of those exercises? And actually, there are other diets, not just fork put down, whatever.
    The thinnest people are the ones who advocate abstinence, in my experience. But excluding carbs and most importantly, sugar, are the two biggest helps I have found. There are exercises that help strengthen the stomach and back muscles (they work together).
    I hate the ads on this site, but an example of good ab exercises. Strengthen your core.
    Also search "stomach exercises" on YouTube, some good ones there!

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20664616,00.html#get-more-from-your-core-0

So people who abstain from what are the thinnest you know ? Food? Sex? Jaywalking? Why would that be?

And carbs and sugar will make you fat irrespective of quantities and other intakes?

And you think isolation exercises are the best stomach exercises for someone who is overweight

Um

No, no and nope..I'm not agreeing with any of your points
  • SarahJLong1388
    SarahJLong1388 Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
    You can buy this cream on Amazon it is called lovehandler. What it does is it has caffeine in it and you rub it on your problem areas. You can use it anytime, but I prefer to use it right before a workout. What it does is it targets the fat that you rub the cream on. It's really great stuff.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
    You can buy this cream on Amazon it is called lovehandler. What it does is it has caffeine in it and you run it on your problem areas. You can use it anytime, but I prefer to use it right before a workout. What it does is it targets the fat that you run the cream on. It's really great stuff.

Caffeine would have a small increase to heart rate, but it won't remove fat cells or decrease the size of those fat cells.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

You can buy this cream on Amazon it is called lovehandler. What it does is it has caffeine in it and you rub it on your problem areas. You can use it anytime, but I prefer to use it right before a workout. What it does is it targets the fat that you rub the cream on. It's really great stuff.

There is no biological mechanic nor scientific concept behind which that could even possibly work ..not even the hint of one

Don't waste your money
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

while it may give you the appearance of losing in those areas, you really are not with the cream. if you think it works how about eating in asurplus and using the cream and see what kind of results you get.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Oh lord have mercy. No.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

No