Wear Your Weight

Options

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the support, again, I have made a facebook group for now. Not sure how active it will be, but it is there! I will most definitely post about my experience tomorrow morning. I plan on doing it again in the evening too. If I can I will take pic's of me wearing my shirt proudly!! Have a wonderful evening and I'll see ya all in the a.m.!! XoxoxoX Bru

also made a blog as suggested :wink: : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BrunetteWife/view/wear-you-weight-in-the-beginning-31258
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    You're awesome, Bru!!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    It's getting closer and closer for my first wear my weight walk!!! Woot woot! Who's excited for me? Who's nervous for me? I'm so ready for this!! Thank you all for your support!! You all rock!! <3
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I have started running and HATE running down the road because people always have to scream at us, honk the horn or come way too close. What is it that bothers people so much?

Keep up the good work!! :D

I never understood why runners would run on the road when there was a sidewalk. Now that I am a novice runner I understand how much easier it is on the joints to run on pavement rather than concrete.

I never tried to run anyone over or screamed at them...unless they were on the wrong side of the road....that is a pet peeve of mine.:laugh:

I always wondered as well, though I would never imagine yelling at anyone or trying to run them over! I have had *both* done to me while just walking though... and FACING traffic so I was not at all in the way of the cars (okay, they didn't try to run me down... but they did seem to find it funny to veer over to right beside me, basically driving on the wrong side of the street, and speed past.) What is wrong with some people?

I haven't yelled out "Way to go!" or anything like that to runners I pass, though I have certainly been tempted to over the past month. Runners on here... how would you receive that? :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    It's getting closer and closer for my first wear my weight walk!!! Woot woot! Who's excited for me? Who's nervous for me? I'm so ready for this!! Thank you all for your support!! You all rock!! <3

I was up earlier than usual today and wondering if you had already been out! Can't wait to hear your results... and I think I am both excited AND nervous for you! (biting nails here...)
  • dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I hope it turns out well. I think if/when people honk you should have a hand signal to give back (V for Victory? Rocky fists in the air?)
    ALSO, I was thinking maybe one side/front says your weight, the other side/back says pounds lost to date?

I checked the Facebook page but I am a Facebook klutz - I can't even keep my own page straight. But I'll bookmark yours and check a gain. Good luck!
  • kimbishopp
    kimbishopp Posts: 10
    Options
    There has to be 9 people thinking 'way to go' for every 1 person too stupid or naive to understand and rude enough to make derogatory gestures and comments, now hopefully that 1 person will now think twice and realise that this person is doing something to make things better. Way to go :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    That's great, I was sure you would get support for your attitude and fewer rude reactions! I am glad it was a positive experience!
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    that is a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wish i had your confedance to do that!
    good luck!! x
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    wow. just wow.

you are amazing :bigsmile:
  • dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    So happy you got a good response. Followed the Facebook page but I totally cannot figure out how to post/comment on stuff there -- so just saying keep it up. I bet people are going to start remembering and noticing when the number goes down. Have fun with it.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Oh Bru, I m so proud to call you my friend! I must say that I would much rather have you be my daughters role model than any model or any movie star at her goal weight! Rock it girl! This is awesome, and you are looking awesome being proud of you! :heart:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. I bet that you find people are inspired as they see you regularly and that number goes down. I'm inspired by the way you took something that started as a negative experience and turned it into a positive one.

I had a bad day yesterday because I let someone else damage my self-esteem through their disapproval of something I had done. I compare the way I let that beat me to the way that you took control and I'm inspired! I want to find a way to do this and not let other people damage how I feel about me.

Thank you,
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am going to weigh today but first I need to go buy a scale. :laugh: I'll keep you posted.
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Thanks again for all of your thoughts and encouragement!! It really helps :) Hope you all can take a lil something from this and use it !! XoxoxoX Bru
  • eekface
    eekface Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people were staring and laughing at you initially before this.. 222 isn't so out of the norm. I am alot bigger than that and I would be just livid if jerks were staring and laughing because i was walking...it just makes no sense to me at all. People are so cruel

Great job today and every day! great idea! :smile:
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Girl!! I love your attitude. But 222? That is nothing!! I can't think of why anyone would be looking at you for walking. Honestly. They were prolly checking you out!! I think people's view of us gets distorted in our own head sometimes. But like I said, I love your attitude about it! !
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Girl!! I love your attitude. But 222? That is nothing!! I can't think of why anyone would be looking at you for walking. Honestly. They were prolly checking you out!! I think people's view of us gets distorted in our own head sometimes. But like I said, I love your attitude about it! !
    well, I started @ 243 and was always being yelled at, very horrible experince. But I've had enough and decided to really give them something to stare at!!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! I knew people out there would honk in support1 Hooray for your town and Hooray for you! PS - you may want to correct your header on your blog as it currently says "Wear You Weight". :happy: