What time do you stop eating each night and go to sleep every night?

Options
I'm wondering how late some of us actually eat something and what time everyone goes to sleep? I usually want a little snack after dinner at about 7:30 and I'm trying to get better with going to sleep a little earlier, as I've read it helps with weight loss. (Hard to do since I'm a night owl). I've been going to bed no later than 11pm, lately, but am trying to make it closer to 10pm. I'll get there... lol. How about you?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My wife and I usually eat dinner around 8:30/9 PM...usually in bed by 9:30/10 PM...up around 5 AM.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I hit the sack at 1 AM and eat at about 12-12:45 AM.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am usually in bed between 11:30 and midnight and I eat up until it's time to brush my teeth. I can't sleep on an empty stomach.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Dinner ends between 7:30 and 8PM, some times earlier; desert is 1/2 hour later, at the most but if I am not hungry I will skip it. We don't do late night snacks, and we don't go to bed until 11:30PM, sometimes later for me.

There is between 12 and 14 hrs fast between the previous dinner and breakfast.
  • crissy976
    crissy976 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So maybe I'm making a bigger deal about this than I should... lol. I've always thought that what you eat before bed kind of "sticks to you..." Not true?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    crissy976 wrote: »
    So maybe I'm making a bigger deal about this than I should... lol. I've always thought that what you eat before bed kind of "sticks to you..." Not true?
    Not true.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner around 5:30/6 and if I have a snack it's at 9. I go to bed at 9:30 and fall asleep around 11. I like to have a peanut butter sandwich before bed.
  • robingoblin
    robingoblin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have dinner at 7 ish and go to sleep at midnight-ish. My dietician says it's totes fine (and even encouraged) to have a little bedtime snack (i.e. a piece of fruit with ~10 nuts) so I don't wake up a ravenous, carb-binging monster.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

No, not true.

The whole time I was losing weight (and now) I ate between 9 and 10 most nights. I go to bed around 11-11:30 usually.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    We usually finish dinner by 7pm and that's the last I try to eat (I'm usually out of calories about then anyway). Sometimes I have calories left and I'll eat a piece of fruit before bed. Doesn't seem to affect my sleep (I go to bed at 9:30 pm because I need my 7-8 hours).
  • crissy976
    crissy976 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have dinner at 7 ish and go to sleep at midnight-ish. My dietician says it's totes fine (and even encouraged) to have a little bedtime snack (i.e. a piece of fruit with ~10 nuts) so I don't wake up a ravenous, carb-binging monster.

It's weird for me, because if I have something to eat before bed, I'm STARVING when I wake up. But if I don't eat for a couple hours before bed, I'm not that hungry in the morning! lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Not true...your metabolism is working 24/7.

Much of this kind of "mythology" simply stems from inventive ways to control calories...not eating after a certain time or not eating grains/starches at night, etc is simply a way of controlling calories and might be beneficial to someone who's not actively keeping a diary or counting calories...but yeah...your metabolism is going to town 24/7.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Eat supper at 8-9pm. Go night-night at 1am.

Used to feel way better eating at 5-6 and going to bed before 10 though. Oh well.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Stop eating around 9-9:30...bed depends on when I have to be at work. Sometimes 10, sometimes midnight or later.
  • dbharmoneous
    dbharmoneous Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This was an interesting discussion, great answers to a great question. It helps to hear the myth busted by more than one individual.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Dinner is anywhere between 530 and 7, snack around 9, bed by 10 to be up at 5:30a :)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    For me, the last meal is around 9-10pm. Hit the sack around 1am. Wake up around 8am but don't get up til around 9am and 1st meal is around 10-11am. "Lunch" usually isn't til around 4-5 pm. So, the meals are still evenly spread out during the day; I just get started later than others.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Dinner is usually between 5-6pm, dessert straight after. I go to bed around 7 and watch tv in there instead of the living room. I get up between 5-6am.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    i usually have something sweet about 20-ish minutes before bed. :)

However, in the mornings, i'm not hungry for a couple hours.