What time do you stop eating each night and go to sleep every night?

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Mine varies widely. If I'm home before 7 pm I try to finish all the eating by 9 pm and get to bed by 11 pm. If I'm home before 2 am I have probably eaten my calories from the snacks offered at the workplace and can get to bed by 3 am. I've often had dinner at midnight.
  • KristinHR01
    KristinHR01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Meal timing doesn't help or hurt weight loss. It's about overall calories. Space your eating out in whatever way works for you.

If you like to eat a late snack, save some calories for that.

100% agree. It doesn't matter how often you eat or when you eat. The only thing that matters is burning more calories than you consume. Do what's best for you and eat whenever you want, as long as you continue to eat at a deficit.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I usually end up in bed by about 1:15 am and I'm eating up until about 1:14 am. :)

And not just a snack. I don't start "dinner" until 11:15ish pm and I eat lightly during the day so I'm eating most of my calories in that 2 hour window.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    crissy976 wrote: »
    Shana67 wrote: »
    We eat dinner around 6:30, have a snack/wine at 7:30. I eat the bulk of my calories in the evening. In bed between 8:30-9, up at 5a to workout :)

I cannot workout in the morning. My body is absolutely not wired to be a morning person. Lol. But I DO envy you! !!! Lol

Me neither. I get up between 5-6am, but my legs don't start working properly til around 9, i shuffle about til then.
  • Anvil_Head
    Anvil_Head Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have dinner at 7 ish and go to sleep at midnight-ish. My dietician says it's totes fine (and even encouraged) to have a little bedtime snack (i.e. a piece of fruit with ~10 nuts) so I don't wake up a ravenous, carb-binging monster.

It's weird for me, because if I have something to eat before bed, I'm STARVING when I wake up. But if I don't eat for a couple hours before bed, I'm not that hungry in the morning! lol

There's nothing wrong with cutting off your eating earlier for personal preference reasons. Some people get indigestion/acid reflux if they go to bed with a full stomach, some have difficulty sleeping, etc. - but there's no scientific/weight loss related reason to arbitrarily stop eating at a certain hour. Your metabolism works 24 hours a day and is perfectly capable of digesting/metabolizing food while you sleep.

Bottom line: Eat on whatever schedule works best for you.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have dinner at 7 ish and go to sleep at midnight-ish. My dietician says it's totes fine (and even encouraged) to have a little bedtime snack (i.e. a piece of fruit with ~10 nuts) so I don't wake up a ravenous, carb-binging monster.

It's weird for me, because if I have something to eat before bed, I'm STARVING when I wake up. But if I don't eat for a couple hours before bed, I'm not that hungry in the morning! lol

It's the same for me, so I try not to eat anything close to bed time. I eat dinner between 4 and 5, and go to bed between 8:30 and 9. I'm up at 4:45 in the morning.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner between 7-8 these days and another small snack at 10-11pm. Usually go to bed around midnight
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I usually eat dinner around 6-7 and try to go to bed 11pm-12. I'm always starving before bed, but try to stop eating at dinner. :|
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I really don't have any set times for stopping eating or going to sleep! Maybe I should have a tighter schedule haha but for me if I'm hungry I'll go eat something.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I'll eat the latest around 10 pm and go to sleep around half hour later and wake up at 4:30 am. Won't eat breakfast until 10-11 am when I finally get hungry. :)
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 hour window, so I can eat until 9 or 10....but I usually don't. I usually stop around 8 in general
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    the whole not eating past a certain time is meaningless as everyone is on different schedules. We eat dinner around 10-11.

edit- sometimes our first meal wont be until 2-3pm depending on how late we were up. dont understand the 5pm dinners but i grew up as a kid eating dinner at 7-8.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I work evenings so usually I only eat a small breakfast, big lunch, then only have snacks the rest of the day until I go to bed around 12 AM.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    As a side note, I've always personally wondered how people manage to eat dinner at 5 or 6 or whatever and be done eating for the day...hell, there are a lot of days I don't even leave the office until 6 and then I have an hour commute home...

hahahaa... well, we eat 6-ish weeknights (depends on individual schedules) and later on weekends. I'm done for the day after that. I think all my family members are, too. We go to bed 10-ish. You have kids, don't you? And do they have crazy sports practice schedules? Scheduling around here is like a rubic's cube.

• beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Dinner for me can be anywhere between 5:30 and 8:00 (or later sometimes). Bedtime is usually around midnight. I'm retired so I don't have to get up early :)

I have always had a small snack of some kind about an hour before bedtime. Now, it's usually a graham cracker "plank" and a glass of 2% milk. I got this tip from my mom's doctor. My mom was a brittle diabetic and to ensure that her blood sugar didn't drop during the night, this is the snack he recommended she have about an hour before bedtime.
  • Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    7:00pm sharp is my cut-off. Nothing but water goes into my system after that.
    I aim to be in bed around 10:30-11pm, but usually end up watching an episode of something, so the time I fall asleep is probably around midnight.
    When I wake up (~7-7:30am), I'm ravenous, but I get full really quick.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    As a side note, I've always personally wondered how people manage to eat dinner at 5 or 6 or whatever and be done eating for the day...hell, there are a lot of days I don't even leave the office until 6 and then I have an hour commute home...

I'm off work at 2:30pm, get home about 3:30pm. I eat dinner around 5pm and then I'm done eating for the day. I try to be in bed by 9pm, usually I'm fighting to stay awake after 7:30pm. I wake up prior to my alarm around 5am.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Every day is different. But I try to squeeze in a late night meal around 12-2am. #Foreverbulkmode
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking @ 7pm. Stop eating around 7:30pm and sleep about 9pm.
    Tonight I have had a snack @ 8pm.
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Last meal 8pm, bed 11:30-midnight. Wake 8am breakfast at noon.