October 30 Day Fitness Challenges

Options
MiamiSeoul
MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
Hola all!

These challenges are a continuation of the monthly challenges started by @BABetter1 in August 2016 (squats & crunches) and continued in September (squats, crunches & push-ups). Haven't heard from our fearless leader for a while (hope you're okay), so I decided to continue in her stead AND mix things up a bit.

We will begin on October 1 and this month's focus will be chest, back, a wall sit challenge and if you're feeling frisky, try the sun salutation challenge with me!

All are welcome. Check-in daily. Do your best and as always, GO GET YOUR GOALS!

39s10hjb07ax.png

wg60yirxn02r.png

rw3mi03tllcw.png

jqtj77c7tq7n.png

Replies

• sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the sun salutations one the others probably not with my arm physio said not yet for any push ups or weights will give the wall sit an go wall sits are so hard they are like planks killers
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    @sharondjs you take your time & follow the advice of the professionals. You'll be back to normal activity soon! I'm being a bad little rebel as my neurologist has told me no weights, but I'm going to go very, very light until I get the all clear! Have an awesome day and a memorable October!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    This sounds great. Love the addition of sun salutations for a little stretching balance. Definitely will join in. :)
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    Welcome back @klove808, I'm feeling good about October!
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    r6gr28xj1b59.png

No... :p

But I'll join any ways :smiley:
  • sharondjs
    Options
    Can't believe we are in October already whew !! The year has just ran on past me
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    Welcome @ladyreva78! Remember, starting tomorrow, come back to this board & give us a shout. Success, struggles, pass days, we want to hear about it all!

@sharondjs, I know, right! I have pretty lofty goals for the end of the year (my birthday is in December and I'm in another challenge that ends on Christmas.) I'd love to say goodbye to another 20 pounds by then - fingers crossed *BS* - nothing to do with fingers or four leaf clover, I'VE GOT TO DO THE WORK!

Have a great weekend everyone and don't forget, WE BEGIN THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE TOMORROW.
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    ! Looking forward to tomorrow. !
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
  • sharondjs
    Options
    Saturday 1 st October
    Sun salutations done
    The superman out of the back track done
    Failed at the wall sit on day 1 omg :'(
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    sharondjs wrote: »
    Saturday 1 st October
    Sun salutations done
    The superman out of the back track done
    Failed at the wall sit on day 1 omg :'(

LOL! You're an inspiration. We're not perfect, we're works in progress! Keep up the great work! Finished my walk, hitting my challenges now . . .
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    ibvp7i6fayx6.png

Day one done!

- 5 pound weights per hand (will probably decrease weight as we increase reps)
    - Modified Judo Pushups, Spiderman Pushups & Renegade Rows (on knees)

Remember some of the basic tenets of exercise:
    1) Start light (weights)
    2) Protect your back. Make sure your back is flat for floor exercises AND engage your abs (pull that belly button back to the spine).
    3) Listen to your body. We expect to be uncomfortable, we do not expect pain - especially if it's sharp & shooting. Stop if you have any problems, we want to complete the month injury free!*

*Disclaimer, I'm not a health or exercise professional. If you have any concerns talk with your doctor or trainer about these exercises.

I FEEL GOOD, I HOPE YOU DO TOO! HAVE AN AWESOME SATURDAY & GO GET YOUR GOALS!
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Thank you @MiamiSeoul for the welcome. :smile:

Day one (kinda) done:

1. Chest (presses and flies)
    2. Wall sit (30 seconds and my legs are burning. But I did go on a run right before doing those, gotta out run them zombies :p ).

I have to pass on the others for this month. I sent the list to my trainer and he'd rather I not try them unsupervised because of my back. We'll go over them next time I have an appointment, but that's not for another week.
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    Nice work @ladyreva78! What's the saying, "you're lapping everyone on the couch!"

Take care of yourself & check-in when you can. Your health is your greatest wealth and get there the best way for you!

Have an awesome Saturday!
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    Hehehe I had to turn 35 with an entire load of health problems to come to that conclusion. Better late than never I'd say.
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I m in
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options