GOOD sports bras???

Options
13»

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I will always recommend anything that does up in the front or back. Pull-ons just can't be snug enough to provide the kind of support you want and still make it on and off your body.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I like Moving Comfort. Juno has a soft cup with great support but a little uniboob. Maya has an underwire so the girls stay separated, but the underwire can get in the way if you are doing a lot of arm movement like with Zumba. My 40D's don't move while running in either of those bras. The Fiona is good for lower impact activities like lifting and yoga.
  • Serqita
    Serqita Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Walmart and Meijer and TJ Max
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The VS max support line is hard to beat, I've tried a ton over the years. I have a back clasp Incredible and two front open Knockouts. The Incredible is one piece foam moulded front and is pretty nice. The genius about the Knockouts is that they are bra cups and then a stretch layer over the top. Remember how secure you felt in two bras? This is that. The ONLY thing I wish they'd done different, and it's minor, is make the strap adjusters on the front. You can't adjust without wrenching something once the bra is already on.

Honourable mention to the Champion "powerback" sports bra with underwire and non stretch cups.

Pass on the Lulu Lemon Ta Ta Tamer, massive fail. Some really nice and also expensive sports bras from Athleta actually shrunk beyond use very quickly. Avoid.
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    Options
    I used to wear Champion sports bra until I discovered the VS Sports Bra line. My favorite is the Incredible Sports bra ($35), not the front clasp, they irritate my skin. I just recently picked up their new light weight bra ($25) and that one is great as well. But my choice for max support would be the Incredible though if cost is not a major factor.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    GIRL, I feel you. I'm a 34G, I've been wearing two sports bras at once for years (because I needed something high impact) until I went to Athleta. This one changed everything. I like how you adjust the straps in the front so you can easily adjust it while it's on in case it stretches out with use. These straps gotta hold a lot of weight! Haha. Never going back to a different brand after this bra. And I only have to wear one!

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=861891222&vid=1&locale=en_US&kwid=1&sem=false&sdkw=rebound-racer-bra-by-moving-comfort-P861891&brandCvoSid=ZMFK6AUWRC9N&sdReferer=http://www.athleta.com/products/sports-bras.jsp
  • shur77
    shur77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Shiney material underarmour bras from dicks sporting goods. I'm a double D cup at the moment . I usually get these in large and strap em in..I look relatively flat in them. They take being pummeled in the washing machine too.
    The matte fabric/wicking ones are good for small bust size and preventing boob sweat.
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good post. Been searching for support and push for figure flattering even in my gear. Thanks!!!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Enell. I've worn it through three sizes, from 42F to 38DD. Life changing for me. I'd like to go back in time and tell my teenaged, basketball-playing self about it.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    sarko15 wrote: »
    GIRL, I feel you. I'm a 34G, I've been wearing two sports bras at once for years (because I needed something high impact) until I went to Athleta. This one changed everything. I like how you adjust the straps in the front so you can easily adjust it while it's on in case it stretches out with use. These straps gotta hold a lot of weight! Haha. Never going back to a different brand after this bra. And I only have to wear one!

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=861891222&vid=1&locale=en_US&kwid=1&sem=false&sdkw=rebound-racer-bra-by-moving-comfort-P861891&brandCvoSid=ZMFK6AUWRC9N&sdReferer=http://www.athleta.com/products/sports-bras.jsp

I had a similar one from Athleta with the front velcro but with non stretch cups and an underwire, seemed perfect but that sucker shrunk in the wash so much over time I can barely get in it know and it rides up. I know we are supposed to baby our bras but my sports bras need to hold up in a regular wash. For the price of the Athleta stuff that's not ok.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I used to wear Moving Comfort but switched to Anita, specifically the "Active Momentum" style. Expensive, but worth it, and comfortable and non-uniboob-forming enough to wear as a regular bra.