Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Maybe.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's hard enough to find someone that you really connect with, I can't imagine turning down someone just because I work with them (unless it's forbidden, of course).
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My second wife was a co-worker. I left my first wife for her. My second wife left me for a co-worker. My third wife wasn't a co-worker when I married her, but we soon became co-workers in a Chiropractic Office. She left me for one of her patients, so I married one of her other patients.

Don't get your meat where you get your bread.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    My second wife was a co-worker. I left my first wife for her. My second wife left me for a co-worker. My third wife wasn't a co-worker when I married her, but we soon became co-workers in a Chiropractic Office. She left me for one of her patients, so I married one of her other patients.

I would never want to compete against you in a heated contest of musical chairs.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

Wow
  • xaryo
    xaryo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Don't f*** with the pay-roll.
  • MelissaThe1st
    MelissaThe1st Posts: 246 Member
    Options

That's about two steps away from needing a flow chart
  • grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I kinda feel depressed now :(
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    it's never worked in my favor
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options

That's six degrees of Kevin Bacon
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Probably a bad idea. Unless you got married because romcom.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I don't think it has much to do with the fact that they were co-workers though... could have been anyone you would have met anywhere else. My sister and her boyfriends seem to do the 'dump my current partner for someone else' dance a lot too, and they never had to work together for that to happen.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    @GypsyFire65 a bit off topic, but you have my sympathies, I take care of my elderly mother in my home, and it's not for the faint of heart of short of patience types (and patience is not my strong suit).
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance at work but refused to go out with him as long as we worked together. Its a bad idea because if it doesn't work out you still have to deal with eachother daily.

He asked me out again the day after he left the job and then I said yes.
  • cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That's a big negative