50 by 60

Options
I am an old fat guy looking to lose 50 pounds by May 31. Over the years I have probably lost 500 pounds, trouble is, I have probably gained 600. When I was younger I could drop weight relatively fast...now it seems to take a hammer and chisel to get rid of a couple of pounds. Any inspiration/hints for older guys would be welcome.

Replies

• jpc763
    jpc763 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and have lost 48lbs over the past 4 months. Would be happy to encourage you!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    I am an old fat guy looking to lose 50 pounds by May 31. Over the years I have probably lost 500 pounds, trouble is, I have probably gained 600. When I was younger I could drop weight relatively fast...now it seems to take a hammer and chisel to get rid of a couple of pounds. Any inspiration/hints for older guys would be welcome.

Looks like your ONLY 59 yo, I was 376 pounds at age 65 in 2013. I Now weigh 236. I have lost 31#s from Jan-Sep this year. WW is my eating program and I go to water aerobics 4X a week, swim 1/4 mile of laps and try to get 10k steps a day on my Fitbit. With ALL that I am able to average about a pound a week. So I have another 50 # to lose but no time limit.
    PS: I went to my 50th HS reunion in Aug and had a great time. Oh to be ONLY 50 again LoL.
    Good luck on your WL Journey!