Only one in the house eating healthy

Options
13»

Replies

• Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My husband had no interest in losing weight or eating well until literally yesterday. Until then, I took care of my own food needs and ignored the potato chips as best I could. I like it better now that he's on board - it makes it fun somehow - but try to manage anyway. It's like Dory the fish: just keep swimming. Maybe she will want to join you at some point and maybe not.

And you know your relationship best. I always ignore relationship advice from the Internet. These folks don't know you or her. I'd just ignore all that noise.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Golbat wrote: »
    My husband had no interest in losing weight or eating well until literally yesterday. Until then, I took care of my own food needs and ignored the potato chips as best I could. I like it better now that he's on board - it makes it fun somehow - but try to manage anyway. It's like Dory the fish: just keep swimming. Maybe she will want to join you at some point and maybe not.

And you know your relationship best. I always ignore relationship advice from the Internet. These folks don't know you or her. I'd just ignore all that noise.
    Congrats! Glad day one of your joint journey went well!

It's quite complex!
    cheers!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This is your journey. She has the right to eat how she chooses, just as you do. You can't change another person.

My partner and I both eat many of the same foods, and I've lost weight and he ha not because he chooses to overeat. Should he make a different choice, I will support him 100%. He is the one who gets to decide about his own health.