3 hours?

Options
13»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Didn't you like just split from your husband?
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I've seen a bunch of posts about your dating life recently and haven't said anything until now. I think you are at a point in your life where you should take a huge step back from any attempts at relationships or intimacy and focus on yourself. Go out and learn to be happy as a single person. Go learn to love yourself as is.

When you reach the point where you are fully and comfortably yourself, absolutely independent from another person, you'll realize that you should have walked away when he wasn't there on time. You'll also stop freaking out about men's reaction times to texts.

Another vote for focusing on yourself right now. Take some fun classes - jewelry making, dancing, pottery, literature - whatever you think is fun. Join a gym or spend more time there. Do some volunteer work.

I made BIG changes after ending serious relationships - once I joined the military and once I became a full time volunteer at a yoga retreat center. This really helped with the transition.

Get some therapy. I've made terrible choices in men in the past and therapy helped me value myself more and recognize red flags right away. I'm now engaged to the man of my dreams. When he's late, he's 15 minutes late. When he has to cancel, it's due to his 90 year old mother (to whom he introduced me a month or two after we started dating.)

Jerking you around for 3 hours means this man does not value you or your time. I bet there were red flags earlier in the three weeks you've been dating him.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Didn't you like just split from your husband?

Several months ago, after he cheated on me.