Apple cider vinegar

Options
13»

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    as other have said the body fights super hard to keep the ph level the same.
    I use vinegar to clean and for bug spray. Our house is on a canyon so we get all the fun poisonous spiders. Luckily we started letting the cellar spiders (most think they are daddy long legs) live in our house and they eat all the bad bugs.
    My husband swears it keeps his scalp clean.. i think it makes him smell.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    BAHRJE6576 wrote: »
    So basically don't waste money or time on it.

it does kill athlete's foot. and it's one way to kill a mosquito bite itch, but i suppose any old vinegar could probably do both of those things too.

i do strongly suspect that drinking vinegar isn't great for your teeth. [she said, while scarfing down gummy bears]

• successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I never understood how an acid, added to your stomach acid, is supposed to make you akaline.

The best place for vinegar is cooking or as a cleaning supply. If you have pets, use it in the laundry to deodorize. It kills mildew and mold better then bleach. Put it in a spray bottle for natural cleaning around the house. It kills fungus. It kills weeds. Its the best treatment for a wasp sting.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    I use vinegar to clean and for bug spray. Our house is on a canyon so we get all the fun poisonous spiders. Luckily we started letting the cellar spiders (most think they are daddy long legs) live in our house and they eat all the bad bugs.

I had to read this an embarrassingly large number of times to realize that you didn't mean the spiders in your house keep your husband's scalp clean.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I had to read this an embarrassingly large number of times to realize that you didn't mean the spiders in your house keep your husband's scalp clean.

I only had to read it twice, but that was my first reaction too. Scalp scavengers! :laugh:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I never understood how an acid, added to your stomach acid, is supposed to make you akaline.

The best place for vinegar is cooking or as a cleaning supply. If you have pets, use it in the laundry to deodorize. It kills mildew and mold better then bleach. Put it in a spray bottle for natural cleaning around the house. It kills fungus. It kills weeds. Its the best treatment for a wasp sting.

It isn't supposed to make you alkaline. The logic is that our stomachs are overproducing acid causing things like reflux and gerd. By taking an acid our bodies will detect that it's made too much and calmaté.

Similar to how some people treat oily skin with moisturizer so that it stops overproducing. Or how people stop shampooing their hair and a few months later they stop being really oily.

In any case, I'm a general skeptic and this surprisingly works for me.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

It isn't supposed to make you alkaline. The logic is that our stomachs are overproducing acid causing things like reflux and gerd. By taking an acid our bodies will detect that it's made too much and calmaté.

Similar to how some people treat oily skin with moisturizer so that it stops overproducing. Or how people stop shampooing their hair and a few months later they stop being really oily.

It works well for me as far as indigestion/acid reflux. But beyond that, I don't for one second believe that it's having any effect upon the overall pH of my body.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    BAHRJE6576 wrote: »
    So basically don't waste money or time on it.

Yup....
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »

It works well for me as far as indigestion/acid reflux. But beyond that, I don't for one second believe that it's having any effect upon the overall pH of my body.

Yeah, thank god our bodies don't work that way ;)
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options

hey if it works might as well try it haha!!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options

i started wondering how they were making him smell.