How to exercise so that you are not so sore in between workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• mwickerh
    mwickerh Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water while working out, stretch really well, and take a hot bath afterwards.
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Feeling great today after yesterday's workout. I'm ready to try a higher weight tomorrow on the BBHT for my first set.

Think it was a lack of warm up on Wednesday's workout. I was in a hurry to get it all done.
  • serapel
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • serapel
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So today BBHT

175 lbs X 6
    175 lbs X 5
    175 lbs X 5
    dropsets:
    155 lbs X 6
    135 lbs X 8

BOO YA!!! The guys near me were giving me high fives. Did proper stretches and banded glute activations first, so not sore at all .... feeling great.

Then went on to:

Reverse back extensions - 35 lbs X 20 dropped to bodyweight 10 more
    Cable pull throughs - 105 lbs X 3
    Band donkey kick - medium resistance - 20 each leg

Still waiting for glutes, but after hitting 165 lbs, the shape is def changing.
  • grob49
    grob49 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    serapel wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Next time if it's sore, but not injured, I'll just pull through it.

Should I keep the hip thrust weight the same until my body can handle it without a lot of pain afterwards?

ie. able to do 3 X 10 reps at 165 lbs - so the week after that I increase by 10 lbs and then lower the reps again. Work up to 3 X 10 and then increase the weight.

If your doing it correctly you should just barely be able to complete the last rep of the last set. Once you can compete that last rep with no trouble it's time to increase the weigh. I have found that the soreness isn't quite as bad once I have been doing the same workout for awhile. That's were the old saying no pain no gain comes from. Aspercream helps and it doesn't smell.