What is your why? Why are you doing this?

Options

Replies

• dmsx3
    dmsx3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Health. I am 47 and have no known health problems and would like to keep it that way for as long as possible.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I've been fat my whole life. Even as a toddler. I've tried so many diets over the years and always failed. I finally said enough is enough and have worked my *kitten* off to get 113lbs off. My reason is my health. I don't want to end up with diabetes, high cholesterol, hbp or not be able to move. Plus, I would like to know what it feels like to be thin(ner). I've never known what it's like to buy clothes in a normal store, fit in restaurant booths without being squished and not be the one standing on the side while everyone else has fun.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    To be fit and strong, to not be disgusted when I look in the mirror, to be able to buy clothes I like, to look good in a swimming costume, to be able to run, climb stairs, and mountains!, to not have any weight related health issues, for my children to not be ashamed of me ...
  • LizIsBack86
    LizIsBack86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1.My health
    2.My babygirl
    3.My future Career(Law Enforcement)
  • Eliana_65
    Eliana_65 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wanna like what I see in the mirror
  • barbara8319
    barbara8319 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to look and feel better. I'm high risk for diabetes, and high blood pressure because it is on both sides of the family. My father and his two sisters all have diabetes. My father's younger sister is so overweight she has to walk with a walker.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to STAY healthy because my daughter was born with heart disease and I want to set a good example
  • herculesmulligan
    herculesmulligan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and would really like to have children, so I'm trying to develop healthier habits and get to a healthier size so that when I'm ready to get pregnant, I've given myself the best chances that I can for a successful and healthy pregnancy.

There are also lots of active things I'd like to do that I feel I can't right now. I'm working to get more fit so I can bike to my university before I graduate, it's just a little goal but I will be very pleased if I can accomplish it.
  • EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For me to loose weight and get out of the prediabetes stage I don't want to be a full diabetic
  • bigfatguy13088
    bigfatguy13088 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im sick of being a fatty mcbutterpants
  • freakonaleash1995
    Options
    For me, it's about being healthy and gaining more confidence!
  • Jedi1989
    Jedi1989 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sick of being the fat one, sick of hating my own body, sick of being "invisible" (kind of ironic, isn't it?), and sick of shopping in the plus size section. I just want to be happy, healthy and hot.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    meliannled wrote: »
    My boys...I have 3, the youngest is 3. Getting down on the floor to play with the 3 year old is difficult. I want to be around to see them have their own kids. I want to be a good example for them. Other reasons...to be able to shop easier for clothes (I'm short + round....not an easy combo to shop for!). To feel attractive and confident again. To be healthy. To not have weight stop me from doing things.

This is the place to be. Everyone's on the same journey for different reasons. I'm sure you can do it.
  • sunmaid_1985
    sunmaid_1985 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! PCOS here and extremely overweight. Newly married and would love to be pregnant. Cycles are very very irregular. Please add...I need all the help and support I can get. If anyone could share their "what worked best.." ideas and tips, I'm all ears. Thank you :)
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My dad and my sister both have t2 diabetes, and I had gestational diabetes twice. I want to avoid prediabetes and t2 as long as possible.
  • daedae171
    daedae171 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Why am I doing this? Well, I've spent a majority of my life being lazy and eating horribly and being unmotivated to do anything that required me to put down the fork or get up off the couch. My dream is to either be a musician or an actor, and I've always had that thought buried in my mind "I'm not good looking enough for either of those lines of work." So over a year ago, I started my weight loss journey and I'm in arms reach of losing 100 lbs. This weight loss journey has opened my eyes up to lots of other things I'd like to possibly do. Mainly fitness related things or me motivating people to do what they say they can't do. Who knows? Maybe I'll be an actor/musician/athlete kinda person. It's just all about me working my tail off and my fingers to the bone to achieve what I want. A summary of all this is that I want to live life to the fullest and chase my goals. It's all about work ethic and dedication.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    With care I can maintain a just slightly overweight number on the scale, and I'm just going to see if I can kick my own *kitten* down to a fit looking body. I figure it's between 20-30lbs away. I like what I see now but I want to look more fit. I'm pretty active and have stepped it up in the last few months on workouts and better eating, but plateau'd on the weight loss so now I am back to counting calories. I was kinda trying to avoid it but I'm actually not feeling as disordered as being food focused has made me in the past. I think it helps that I play a demanding sport and the desire to perform outweighs any desire to short myself on calories for energy. I've been eating pretty well since June but like I said the weight loss stopped so time to get serious! Also I hate hot weather so bring on the fall, I'm ready to work out harder!
  • btrsun10
    btrsun10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For me there are a number of reasons.
    I get a sore back - didn't have this when I was 14lbs lighter.
    My knee is niggling me.
    My daughter is a 14 year old lean and healthy athlete. I want her to continue this journey into her adulthood and enjoy the health benefits that go along with this. Seeing her mother siting on the sofa stuffing her face and getting larger and larger wont encourage this.
    None of my clothes fit me and I cant afford and nor do I want to replace them.
    I saw my reflection during a BBQ at my boss's house and thought, who is that? I was horrified at the size of my face. I didn't recognise myself. My face was totally distorted. That night I went home and vowed to change my habits.
    I used to be a runner, I've let that slip. Why? I don't know because I loved it.
    I lift 3 times a week, always have and will continue to do so but I was eating so much sugar, diet soda and processed foods that it never made any difference to me (except to my mental wellbeing).
    So now I'm back to cooking from scratch and what a difference that makes. Food is delicious!
    I'm back out running - well I say running lol. More of a very very slow jog, but I'm out there and that's what matters.
    Reading these boards is truly inspirational and motivating.
    Thanks!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I have a vision in the back of my head of what I looked like when I was trimmer and 10 pounds lighter and want to have my actual mirror image match that.