Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hey there,

I don't know what I need. Maybe just to vent? Support? Suggestions?

I am 5'8 and at set at 1380 calories though I workout and eat back all those calories (generally 300 on the days I work out, from running 3-5 miles.). I started at 173 and am now at 163. It has taken me just over 3 months to get here. My ultimate goal is 153. I have hypothyroidism but it is controlled and within normal levels.

Holy crap it is going soooooooo slow. I am very compliant and hit my range most days and the days I go over it isn't by much. But I am just. so. darn. sick of thinking about food, planning, worrying, recording-just the whole damn thing. I am not really having trouble in general with the number of calories, just the whole damn process. I just went away to a friends cabin this weekend and for 3 days I didn't log. Didn't go totally nuts (sure, I ate more than I should indulged in cookies, whiskey etc so I am sure I will be up a bit this week) but just didn't think about it. And it was nice.

I don't want to quit because I will be back where I started but where the hell do I a find the energy to keep going? Where do you all get it?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Hey, chin up, you are doing fantastic! 10 pounds in 3 months is approximately 3.33333 pounds a month/.5 pounds a week. You don't have much left to lose, so it will come off slowly.

Do not give up because if you work it right this will be a lifestyle change for you so that you can learn how to successfully maintain your weight.

56977270.jpg
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You look like you're eating very low calories to lose. I'm 5'9", 178 lbs, and losing on 1930 calories. Do you think you would do better if you had some more wiggle room, around 1700 calories or so?

You can also go on a "diet break" and eat at maintenance for a month or so. I did that over the summer. It personally didn't work all that well for me, because I had a hard time getting back on track, but some people swear by it.

And...you're in the last ten pounds. Those are the hardest. It's going to come off very, very slowly. You can do this. Good luck!

I would normally agree with this, but given the slow weight loss I suspect she is eating more than she realizes. I say this because she said her thyroid levels are within a normal range right now.

However, those last ten pounds come off at a snail's pace. :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    So, you vented. You went and lost 10 lb because you did what fat couldn't tolerate, you kicked it to the curb.

Do it again.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    If the process is the problem, simplify the process. Once you know how many calories you have to work with, all you have to do is stay within those. I have the app but don't use it and I don't keep a log. I limit myself to 2000 calories. If I have 500 for breakfast, 450 at lunch, and 600 at dinner, I still have 450 for a snack and protein shake. It doesn't have to be complicated.