How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    I made my own pumpkin pie spice mix with 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree, 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice & 1 tbsp of honey. It is only about 11 calories for a teaspoon. A splash of low fat milk for about another 20 calories. Much better than those pumpkin pie spice drinks they are selling at the shops.

This is a good idea - I may try this. I've been wanting a PSL so bad, but I haven't had a day where I could justify all those extra calories.
  • fbref9
    fbref9 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I do not drink a lot of coffee, but when I do.... I will grab a medium ice coffee with 2 shots of sweetened caramel and 2 shots of lite cream from McDonald's. I stop by McDonald's because it is only a $1.07 or $1.08, depending on whether I purchase it in MA or RI, respectively. The calorie count based on a review of the McDonald website is 160 for a medium based on how I order it.

For a shot of caffeine in the morning and the price, it is worth the 160 calories... in my opinion.
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have an addiction to Sugar free vanilla coffee mate... it's total garbage. About 600 of my daily calories comes from this crap. :( Walden Farms makes a calorie free version but I think it's awful(and expensive!!). I can't do dairy and I really don't like almond milk (and soy milk is out of the question...yucko). So I have a bit of a problem
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Black for me, please!
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    couple splendas and some powdered creamer. the powdered creamer is 10cals per tsp, so i don't even count it.

Careful...
    This works if you only drink a cup or two...and only use a tsp. A tsp isn't very big... I tend to use 2 TBSP of powder which is 6 tsp..and 60 calories does count, especially if you drink 5 cups a day like I do.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Depends on how good the coffee tastes. Coffee from the Beanery in San Francisoco I'll drink black, but to an average run of the mill coffee like Dunkin' Donuts I'll add some 1/2 and 1/2 with sugar.
  • Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use the one I have at work! A non-dairy French vanilla creamer. The creamer is kind of sweet so I don't add sugar to it.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have a skimmed latte, iced until it's too cold, sometimes I add a bit of mocha if I'm feeling fancy. It can run from about 109cals up to 210 depending on the size/mocha no mocha of it all. I only drink coffee a couple of times a month, if at all, so I don't worry too much. For other hot drinks I use sweetener, just a couple of tabs, and if it's a black tea I'll add a splash of original Almond Breeze. I used to use vanilla Almond Breeze for Chai Tea and whatnot but it's full of sugar and not worth the insulin spike. :disappointed:
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Sugar and almond milk if hot. If cold, I like it with honey and protein powder.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    A couple of splendas, sugar free vanilla syrup and a splash of unsweetened cashew milk
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I like espresso in a whole cup (8oz) of 2% milk, and two packets of that raw sugar. I figure milk at least has some nutrition. I actually like 2% better than whole milk in coffee, can't figure out why, I hate skim milk in coffee (like it in cereal) and like whole milk in tea, but in coffee that 2% fat milk rocks. I can enjoy it without sugar if it has that much milk but like it better with the sugar, not too much though.

We have a manual milk frother thing, a little pot with a screen that you push up and down, that makes a nice foam for the coffee.
  • mafhoney
    mafhoney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the taste of coffee, but love espresso. I use our Nespresso during the week (and buy it from a coffee shop on the weekends), and always use two shots, a cup of 2% Probiotic milk, and 2 pumps of french vanilla syrup. Not the healthiest, but it's the one 'food' item I will not give up or alter. I've tried skim milk and can do it, but it just tastes to water-y. I've tried sugar free syrup and good god that was sick. The aftertaste was absolutely rancid. Because that's my daily vice, I make sure to cut back in other areas.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I usually have mine with just one teaspoon of creamer and thats it. sometimes I will add sugar free flavorings but I learned how to like it without sugar,if its regular coffee hubby will add cinnamon and other spices to the pot while brewing(sometimes pumpkin pie spice).
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I drink it black. Have for years.
  • realsammysalamander
    Options
    If it is the crap they have at the office I add a cream. Good stuff I just take black. I will also make a coffee, protein shake but that can end badly if the coffee is too hot.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    If i really need a pick me up? Rectally.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I now drink mine black with not quite a tsp of sugar. That's only about 12 calories per cup, but it's the dark chocolate I eat with it that adds the calories! I try to stick to one square each morning for a total of about 100 calories, but it's difficult!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee junkie over here, even with the cold weather coming in. Unsweetened with 2 tbsp of heavy cream. I have 2 max per day.

I used to be a caramel macchiato fiend but I learned to cut it out.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Just like my women.....bitter, black, and free...