Drop 10# by New Year's Eve

Options

Replies

• llwolford
    llwolford Posts: 109 Member
    Options

sodieva wrote: »
    I'm new to these challenges. I've stared the challenge. What should I do next? Anyone?

Hi just bookmark the thread by clicking on the star next to the title. Then post updates on how your week is going. Post your new weight every Monday. Just a way to lift each other up and hold one another accountable. :) you are welcome to add me as a friend.
  • summerlee00
    summerlee00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Summer, and I'd love to lose at least 10, if not more, by the New Year! I'm on a medication that causes weight gain, so sometimes I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle, but when I look at what I eat, I can tell that I'm not really changing. It's time to make a decision to change. I'm 164 as of 10/19.
  • llwolford
    Options
    Hi, my name is Summer, and I'd love to lose at least 10, if not more, by the New Year! I'm on a medication that causes weight gain, so sometimes I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle, but when I look at what I eat, I can tell that I'm not really changing. It's time to make a decision to change. I'm 164 as of 10/19.

Hi Summer...I have been there. So glad you are being proactive. It took me years to figure out the weight that I put on by medicine was not just going to fall off. It is not fair...but all you can do is stay positive and strive to be the healthiest and happiest you. Eating healthy and exercising to what you can do will only benefit you. Wishing you much success.
  • Ldonahue921
    Ldonahue921 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Does everyone have a strategy for sticking to ur plan over the weekend? Im going buy halloween candy. Gonny try to only buy stuff i dont like so im not tempted to munch!
  • llwolford
    Options
    Does everyone have a strategy for sticking to ur plan over the weekend? Im going buy halloween candy. Gonny try to only buy stuff i dont like so im not tempted to munch!

Live out in the country. Do not buy Halloween candy. Hopefully, my mom will not bring any over for the kids. Tonight we are having a movie/pizza night with 4 other couples. My plan is to fill my plate with salad, and have 1 piece of pizza. Then drink lots of water. :)
  • Haymonk215
    Haymonk215 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love to join if it's not too late! I'm new to MFP for a few weeks and have lost 10lbs already but I have a lot more to go.
    This challenge is a great way to help us al stay motivated!!
    SW- 247.7 (Sept 30/16)
    Current SW: 237.8 lbs (today)

10% > 23.78 lbs /11 wks = 2.37lbs per week loss. I'm hoping this will be doable.

I'm going for it.
  • Haymonk215
    Options
    How do I find the group for this challenge? What's it called and who "initiated it"?
    Thanks- new to this. :)
  • clsmith_1
    clsmith_1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am in...
  • Ldonahue921
    Options
    Yey! Welcome! Many of us r active on fitbit also. Most use the same or similar name too. Most r open to friend invites too! We can do this!
  • Ldonahue921
    Options
    Haymonk215 wrote: »
    How do I find the group for this challenge? What's it called and who "initiated it"?

My name is Lisa - ldonahue921. I initiated this group/challenge. However im new to the group thing n couldnt figure out how to make it show up under challenges. So we just support from here, as "friends" and on fitbit. Very supportive group. Theres also an open discussion under the same name.
    Start sharing or asking questions. We'll find each other!
  • Ldonahue921
    Options
    Love to join if it's not too late! I'm new to MFP for a few weeks and have lost 10lbs already but I have a lot more to go.
    This challenge is a great way to help us al stay motivated!!
    SW- 247.7 (Sept 30/16)
    Current SW: 237.8 lbs (today)

10% > 23.78 lbs /11 wks = 2.37lbs per week loss. I'm hoping this will be doable.

I'm going for it.

Its never too late! Great job on the 10# loss. Slow n steady is the game. Lifestyle changes so we dont have to do this again!
  • llwolford
    Options

Hi you can bookmark threads by clicking on the star to the right of the title. It should highlight Orange yellow color. Then you can click on the star at the top of community page. It will show all your bookmarked pages. You will also see notifications appear in the bell.
  • sbaprice
    sbaprice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very late on this one, but I will join if I can. I regained 10 pounds that I lost last year and am going to try something new by being a bit more social about it. Weighed in at 160 today.
  • Ldonahue921
    Options
    Never too late! Welcome!
  • Ldonahue921
    Options
    Week 3. Weigh in. check in. R u forming some new healthy habits? Find an activity u like? Run into any road blocks? Share ur successes. Reach out for support. We can do this!
  • SheilaHaiti
    SheilaHaiti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • llwolford
    Options
    Hi...last week 138.6 and today 140.2. Went out to eat this weekend and had some movie popcorn. Not too concerned. I have been fluctuating between 137.6 and 140.6 for several weeks. I did do measurements today, and they are all down from last month and an almost 3 pound loss. So....I just have new highs ands lows. Doing a 3 reset this week (Tuesday- Thursday) So we will see what that does. So...if you are my friend and my journal looks funny you know why. Hope you all had a good week. The weekend undid all my hard work this week. Here is to staying strong this week.
  • clsmith_1
    clsmith_1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I would love to join ANF would love to be tagged as a friend to help me stay motivated. So I will start tonight with my weigh in at 186 and can't get rid of my stomach. I am trying to lose however, it's hard and I am exercising, drinking water and watching my meals but no weight loss..
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm totally going to start from my beginning of October weight, though ;)

7 Oct weigh-in: 155.9
    Today (24 Oct): 150.6
  • Haymonk215
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I missed the first two weeks but joining in now with the same goal of 10%!
    Oct 7 Weight- 243.1 lbs
    Today's (Oct 24) weight- 236.5 lbs
    Total lost 6.6 lbs

10% goal --> 23.7 lbs - 6.6= 17.1 lbs to go!!
    Let's do this!!
    My secrets to success> MFP, Body Pump, walking and lots of water (3-4 Litres) each day.