Scared of new gym get panic attacks

Options
13»

Replies

• djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have felt the same way! When I first signed up the guy who helped me was really friendly so that helped a little bit. I did have to ask how to use the elliptical and then I think I did something wrong. After just 5 minutes my legs felt super wobbly. I stepped off and seriously though I was going to fall over. It took everything I had to walk out. I went back later and tried the exercise bike instead. And the next few times. They are right near the door so I can see if there is one free. Then one time it wasn't so busy so I went on the treadmill. Still, tbh, I haven't used my gym membership that much. They were supposed to give me a free personal training session but no one ever called me. I paid the higher price to be able to bring a friend but no one ever wanted to go. Now that it is summer I spend all of my time outside. When it expires I am considering a new place altogether or just bumping down to the cheaper membership and using the difference for a swim pass or zumba or something.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I have felt the same way! When I first signed up the guy who helped me was really friendly so that helped a little bit. I did have to ask how to use the elliptical and then I think I did something wrong. After just 5 minutes my legs felt super wobbly. I stepped off and seriously though I was going to fall over. It took everything I had to walk out. I went back later and tried the exercise bike instead. And the next few times. They are right near the door so I can see if there is one free. Then one time it wasn't so busy so I went on the treadmill. Still, tbh, I haven't used my gym membership that much. They were supposed to give me a free personal training session but no one ever called me. I paid the higher price to be able to bring a friend but no one ever wanted to go. Now that it is summer I spend all of my time outside. When it expires I am considering a new place altogether or just bumping down to the cheaper membership and using the difference for a swim pass or zumba or something.

good luck i hope it works out for you im in the same position no one to go with to the gym