Your greatest feat of strength?

Options
For the lifters out there, what is the feat of strength that you are most proud of?

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    For the lifters out there, what is the feat of strength that you are most proud of?

lame, but.... the L Hold on two plates. As a former gymnast and weight lifter, i want to be able to do more and more bodyweight holds which are considered "advanced". For example, i would love to be able to do an iron cross, but i've been told this takes in the 3-4 year range to accomplish. :)

Presuming that's like Iron X? Yeah that's a long one to master but a great aim!!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »

lame, but.... the L Hold on two plates. As a former gymnast and weight lifter, i want to be able to do more and more bodyweight holds which are considered "advanced". For example, i would love to be able to do an iron cross, but i've been told this takes in the 3-4 year range to accomplish. :)

Presuming that's like Iron X? Yeah that's a long one to master but a great aim!!

I can do a human flag, but not with feet apart.

I would say an iron cross is more difficult than an iron x as you use an unstable surface (rings which want to move right out from underneath you). Here's an awesome video of someone learning one! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd1LjYgIm_4

oh yeah, PS i can barely do anything on the rings. Because, like is said, they literally want to go right out from underneath you with everything you do.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »

I can do a human flag, but not with feet apart.

I would say an iron cross is more difficult than an iron x as you use an unstable surface (rings which want to move right out from underneath you). Here's an awesome video of someone learning one! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd1LjYgIm_4

oh yeah, PS i can barely do anything on the rings. Because, like is said, they literally want to go right out from underneath you with everything you do.

Ooooh rings are haaard!!!!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Weighed dips with 45lbs on rings, 135x5 on reg weighted dips. 135x1 weighted pull up. Dumbbell hammer curls with 100s. 315x25 deadlift burnout set.
    BW: 185-200
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    2x kegel kip ups
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Not a lifter....but I once carried 85-120 pounds around NYC for 13 hours (8pm-9am) straight while not being allowed to eat anything. Also had to do a couple hours of PT in there with about 40 pounds.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    20 rep squat of 275...hitting 4 plates on DL for the first time...

If I ever get to 225 for 5+reps on bench I'll be thrilled! such a weak upper body :disappointed:
  • butterbuns123
    butterbuns123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My first 300 lb dead lift (just a couple weeks ago). Watch out, 315!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=107cI3DqHas

315 In no time!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    505 on the bench, got done, stood up, looked back at the bar and it was bending in the rack. 5X5X405 was great, 405 on incline was another. At 270 lbs BW

Hot damn!

latest?cb=20140415232311
  • Pathman1
    Pathman1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ask on Festivus and I'll show you